Tuesday, October 28, 2008

We declared today a 'snow day' and went to the movies this afternoon!



We saw 'The Secret Life of Bees' and it was wonderful!

It is definitely best to have read the book first to develop the characters more fully.
I was so impressed with the book when I read it that I convinced my hubby to read it....
so we both knew the story well, from reading it AND discussing it!

A MUST SEE........can't wait to buy it in DVD to watch it again.....and again!
Perfect casting.....love each and every character!

What a great way to spend a cold and windy afternoon! Back to work now....... ; )



```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

What's missing?

I made this recipe today and it was delicious......but I ADDED 2 ingredients and it came out perfect! A very moist, sweet and delicious cake!

No one GUESSED the two missing ingredients and I just realized I better POST them QUICK! I added 2 EGGS! I don't remember ever making a cake without eggs and with all the ingredients AND 2 eggs......this was a wonderful flavorful cake!


Apple Cake

1/4 cup soft butter
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
2 1/2 cups apples, finely chopped

and 2 EGGS!!!


TOPPING:
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp chopped walnuts

In large bowl, combine butter and sugar using electric mixer. Beat in buttermilk.
Add flours, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and apples and mix to combine.
Spread evenly in lightly-greased Bundt pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

What do you think I added to make this cake perfect?

3 comments:

Catherine Holman said...

I loved this book and had no idea that it had been made into a movie. Thanks for the heads up!
Catherine

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I hope everyone will see it! A wonderful movie with a spectacular cast! Thanks for the comments, Catherine!

La Tea Dah said...

This recipe looks perfect! It's much like mine (posted recently on Gracious Hospitality if you'd like to compare). Mine doesn't have brown sugar --- but it has coconut which is delicious with the apple chunks.

Enjoy a happy day!

Love
LaTeaDah

PS: I also adore lavender!