Sunday, November 30, 2008

"Christmas Open House at Curb Market"

I stayed home on Friday and enjoyed the day but Saturday I got up early to go to "Curb Market"! Everything homemade....tables laden with loaves of homemade breads, cakes, candy....Fresh greenery arrangements....ornaments and several Raggedy Annes and Andys and even some sock monkeys!

I saw lots of pretty things but only picked up a few treasures...........


I parked on a side street just as the horse drawn carriage came around the corner with the largest black horse that I've ever seen pulling it. I was parked in front of a Bed and Breakfast with beautiful Christmas decorations on the porch. No camera.......but memories of a simpler time in life. It was magical........scents and sights of the season. Inside the front door I was met with a Christmas tree, the scent of apple cider and Carolers with dulcimers, fiddles, guitars and even a boy with hand bells.....everyone singing Christmas favorites.


When I got home I had an email from Catherine Holman!
I could NOT believe it!
I won her drawing for these beautiful Folk Art Prints!

I was so excited! I would say I was doing the happy dance....except that I was mostly jumping UP and down......and up and DOWN! lol Thanks Catherine......I am THRILLED!
I have been watching her site for the BIG HOLIDAY SALE! Check it out!

3 comments:

Linda Q said...

Sounds like a great day and to win something too, way cool! I love those kinds of days this time of year, to get away and enjoy events of the season. I am going to do one of those soon, Historic Homes Christmas Parlor Tour in Snohomish. It is always fun!
Enjoy your winnings!!

The Painted Garden said...

Hi,
Congratulations on winning the beautiful Folk Art Prints - they are beautiful. I love learning about new blogs to visit and will visit her blog to look at her work and holiday sale - sounds fabulous.
Have a great week.
Erin.

Unknown said...

I would love to go to that Curb Market and yes, there's something so magical about Christmas and I love it. We dont have snow here but lots of Christmas tree decor with fake small plastics foam or cotton as snow, but will do :D A big congrats on the win and those cards looks just lovely. Big hugs for the week :D