Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I met Adriana Trigiani a few years ago when she had written her first book, "Big Stone Gap".
She was delightful....friendly and full of energy! I have been thrilled to see her write many best selling novels now and this delightful cookbook!


A favorite 'new' cookbook!


I am making Savory Taralli tonight to go with a pot of spaghetti and meatballs. It sounds like the perfect compliment! Here's the recipe....

"Savory Taralli”
“Cooking with My Sisters”
by Adriana Trigiani

1/2 packet yeast
1/2 cup lukewarm water
3/4 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp salt
1Tbsp fennel seed
4 cups flour

In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water and allow to bubble
Add the rest of the ingredients, except flour, to the yeast mixture.
Add flour and mix well.

Preheat oven to 350.

Take a piece of dough and roll it between your hands, making a pencil like shape,
4 to 5 inches long. Create a circle by joining the ends together and pinching them closed.

Place on greased cookie sheet and bake for 8 minutes, or until lightly brown. Cool.

To find more recipes, visit her "WEBSITE" !

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I voted! Thanks Delaney for the 'button' !!!

4 comments:

Lila Rostenberg said...

I love her books too!
Didn't know she had a cookbook! I'll be looking for it!

Anonymous said...

Diane, I love the banner!!!!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Thanks Lila! She has written some interesting family stories in the cookbook, too. I know you would enjoy it!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Cindy...I've been playing today! I took that picture at the Biltmore Estate in the Spring. I'll have to post the whole picture! lol Did you see my sweet poppet (that YOU made) on the side?