Wednesday, February 18, 2009

"Wednesday Wee Ones...and Kitchen FUN"

We have been shopping for new kitchen items for our condo!
My hubby actually LOVES to shop at the kitchen store even more than I do!
When we go to Myrtle Beach, he always spends time buying gadgets
and spices at the big stores there.
He even went online and bought spices and he COOKS!
I know.......I am SO lucky!


(and he's making his famous chili tonight! YAY!)

One day he even picked up something for Wendy at the kitchen store!


Is this FUNNY...well she is still crying so I guess not! heehee!


And awhile back I was reading a blog about putting together a nice pantry
and having measuring cups for both dry and wet ingredients
and I thought this was a great idea!
I've bought 2 new sets of measuring cups but now I've forgotten who gave me that tip!
I hope they read this and come forward so that I can link to their blog!


I made cornbread to go with the chili..........here's the recipe!


And of course, it's better baked in a cast iron skillet in a HOT oven and browned on top!

Happy Wednesday!
Take time to PLAY!

16 comments:

Kaerie Faerie said...

You know it is amazing, we both make the same kind of foods, and we both like faeries, and Mrytle Beach is one of my favorite vacation spots, I use to go there all the time with my family when I was a kid. Maybe your the sister I never had.
Karey

Freckled Hen said...

I want to go shopping! It seems like ages since I have been, lucky you to have a decorating mission. I have never made cornbread in cast iron but now I shall try it...thanks for the recipe!

Freckled Hen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janet said...

My hubby cooks, too! The only problem is, I'm mostly vegetarian and he isn't! I love cornbread and especially when it's baked in a cast iron skillet like my grandma did.

Sit-N-Chat said...

I like cornbread in skillet also. I enjoyed your blog and will be back. I really like to cook.

God Bless You,
Jennifer B

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

I just love husbands that cook (lol!). Funny too because my husband was just saying the other day he wants to make chili. Now you have me craving cornbread (i don't own an iron skillet though). I think it's a form of comfort food in the winter, don't you think?
bon appetit!
Lisa

Holly said...

Yum! That cornbread looks delicious :P

Alice Regan said...

First off let me say YUMMY ..the cornbread looks delicious! Second, a husband who cooks ...VERY lucky. Third ...what a great tip! Two sets of measuring cups; one for wet, one for dry. Now who would have thought of that? Great idea!
Fourth ...Wendy looks stunning with her new kitchen gadgets!

Betty said...

Oh my gosh, you have the cutest dolls! I wish my hubby cooked...but he does do dishes so I won't complain!

Dr. Denise Tucker said...

Hi! Thanks for coming to my blog during the OWOH giveaway. I love your blog. Looking at the wonderful dishes makes me hungry! Nice to know another gal with a name starting with D lives in North Caroling!
Denise from Greensboro. Writer of the House Mysteries

Anonymous said...

OH My! I could eat that whole pan of cornbread. (Not really, but would love to try!) That's exactly the way my mother made it. ♥

Lila Rostenberg said...

You are lucky!
I love the little sock monkey your doll is holding!
I'm at Mom's and we are heading out to a matinee of "Slumdog Millionaire"!

Anonymous said...

Diane, I'll be right over! Chili's my favorite, next to pizza! My hubby and your hubby can trade recipes! It's one of the best ones my hubby makes! Hmmm....I think I might put in a request for that!

I'm glad you like your little winning package! :-)

Here's smilin' atcha!
Hugs!
Diane too

Creations by Marie Antoinette and Edie Marie said...

You are a luchy girl.My hubby does not cook.I love your Wendy ,she is a doll...LOL...I made a funny .Anyho,good luck with all your shopping,have fun.Hugs Marie Antionette

Simply Shelley said...

Oh,I love chili and cornbread. You are so right,it is so much better baked in an old fashion iron skillet. I love your little Wendy,she's a cutie. I am fond of sock monkeys to.....thanks for visiting me and leaving your sweet comment.
Hope you have a blessed weekend...

Shelley

Emily said...

I wish I could play too!