Thursday, June 21, 2018

Ellie Schiller Homosassa Springs Wildlife Park Puppet Show

I just went to the Homosassa Wildlife Park with my cousin Cindy so I was excited to see that they were bringing a Puppet Show to our local library….for kids of all ages!

puppetIMG_0696

So off I went to sit in a room full of wiggly, happy little youngsters to watch the puppet show.

vickieDSCN5044

I loved the information….I learned a lot! But I have to be fair in my review and say that a lot of the presentation did not hold the interest of the younger audience. I’m glad I went. (and I wish I could put this in small letters….but I believe the show itself could be improved and it didn’t help that it started almost 30 minutes late. By then we were all fidgety!)

luDSCN5051

I love that our local library brings so many good programs to our community. And I LOVE this Wildlife Park.

animalsDSCN5065

When Vickie asked how many had visited the park (it’s less than an hour away), only a few had been there.

aDSCN5066

So I hope the parents and grandparents that were there put it on their ‘bucket list’ for this summer.

luDSCN5061

It was great fun to see the animal puppets and the puppeteers worked really hard bringing everyone an entertaining and informative program. 

pDSCN5046

Thanks to Homosassa Wildlife Park for coming to Freedom Library!

Come back SOON!

I’m joining Thankful Thursdays.

21 comments:

Arlene G said...

Oh Diane, I could just picture you there at the wildlife show. You should have taken some of your dolls along. :) I think I would have enjoyed the program as well.

Susie said...

Diane, I have noticed that children do get very fidgety waiting. Maybe they should have been given a tiny gift to hold their interest till the show started. I always think parents need to bring along a small hand toy when taking children out to eat. Glad you sat still long enough to see the show. LOL. Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...


:o)

eileeninmd said...

Hello, the puppet show looks fun! It is a great program! I have been to the park it is wonderful. Enjoy your day!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I'm glad you went! It is hard to engage young kids but this looks like it has great potential. Starting late is never good, as their attention span is short!

Betty said...

That is so cute. I wished we had something like that around here for our kids to see. Maybe they do, but no one hears about it.

MadSnapper said...

I like that hippo puppet and what a great idea. to bad about the late start, I might have left.

Tom said...

...kids need to learn of the wonders of nature!

Klara S said...

Looks like a lot of fun!

Klara S said...

Looks like a lot of fun!

Michelle said...

This looks like fun! I miss those activities with my own kids. Thanks for linking up today.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I've taken my grandchildren to library puppet shows and it is much better when they begin on time and engage participation with the audience! It's a nice way to get children to learn new things!

BeachGypsy said...

Thanks for the heads up on the comment-- what is all that stuff??-- DO you know? Do you get it?

happyone said...

Sounds like a fun day.
It is one of my pet peeves that things don't start on time!!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Oh girl you are a girl after my own heart--I would love to sit in on a children's story hour--I didn't have those growing up and didn't see them even when my kids where little--!! Now I did get to go to one for a couple years in a small town where I lived up north back about 15 yrs or so ago--when a friend took her grandson each week and asked me to go along--so I got to pick out books and listen to the story too--I still support that library with quilt donations each year!!! so thanks for being a kid again!!
enjoy, di

Terri D said...

What fun that you went to the puppet show! I need to start paying attention to what is going on at our library!! Awesome!!

ann said...

It is refreshing to hang with children, isn't it? Glad that you car was safe. Yes, I am glad to be back. I get lazy sometimes or I just have a lot to do. Nice to be back.

Carla from The River said...

FUN!! We love our library too. I am never to old for the fun kids programs. :-))

Lowcarb team member said...

Puppet shows like this are wonderful, although it can be difficult to hold a child's attention …

All the best Jan

BeachGypsy said...

That is adorable and I bet those kids loved it! I love seeing today's kids enjoy the old fashioned things like puppets and story telling and hula hoops and bicycles and tree swings and tree houses. Childhood should be one big adventure, not time spent on electronic games and social media. Just my opinion. ha ha LOL

Jeanie said...

I love puppets. I took a puppetry class in college and it was one of my favorites. And fun when the kids can learn, too.