Sunday, February 1, 2009

Pretty pincushions!

I am so excited about what I've been doing!


I got interested in pincushions when I saw the beautiful creations Beth makes
and she is featured in Romantic Homes this month!
Her pincushions are a work of art! (an original by Beth is on my 'wish list'!)
Please go to Beth's blog to see photos of her wonderful art!

When I came across "She's So pretty" I decided to order a couple of her pretty designs........
and you might say.....the rest is history........I am addicted! I LOVE the pincushions she made
and she even gave me a tissue holder and tucked a sweet Valentine in my package!

"Sew Sweet!"

I searched the internet for patterns and came up with some easy ones to get started!
I just had to TRY to make some!

But of course most of my crafting supplies are in Florida so I used charms
and doo dads from the stash that jen sent me a couple of months ago!
I didn't have any embroidery thread (except for 'bear' colors)
so I used what I could find here in my supplies
and I am SO pleased with the way it turned out!
Very different than the ones I saw on the tuturial site!

And I LOVE little gold charms!


The instructions for this little red one are at craftstylish!
They are really FUN to make! I can't wait to make another one!



The very first one I made is from Bari J. and it turned out HUGE!
My hubby said it could be a travel pillow for Wendy! heehee!
I love how pretty it is....it just needs to be about HALF the size!

And this one was supposed to be an apple....but it came out a little too flat....and green!
heehee!


I am having a BALL making these!
Something new and different for me!
If you have an pincushion advice........I could use some!

16 comments:

Tins and Treasures said...

I just started making pin cushions too...so, no advice here. If you want to see, it's on last Sunday's blog post 'Stitching & Stewing'...
Let me know if you like the wrist strap or not...
I love the colors of yours. You've inspired me!! Natalie

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Hi Diane!
Your pin cushions are adorable! I know nothing about sewing, so I can't give any advice...

NO...I didn't get your email...try again at lavenderhillstudio@mchsi.com

Hugs,
Penny

Ann said...

So cute! I love the green apple one!

Aihara Ramintessah Sanchez said...

Lovely!I am drooling on the red one.

Linda Q said...

Oh those are all darling. I am glad someone is getting time to craft, fun!
Linda

Bonnie's Place said...

All of the pin cushions are beautiful! I'd love to be as talented as you are! You are amazing!

MB Shaw said...

These are the best! Just adorable, I love them all :-)

The Painted Garden said...

Hi,

The pincushions are darling - so creative - little works of art. I regret that I do not sew and can not give your any advise on them. My sister, Leslie, who lives in Florida sews pincushions and all sorts of things. I belive she makes tiny ones and puts them in tea cups. They are darling in various little containers.
Have fun making them.
Blessings,
Erin

Betty said...

Thank you for linking my pincushions! I think you did a good job with yours. I love Beth's pincushions too! I asked her the secret to making pincushions and she told me just to do what I love...so that's what I do. I think yours turned out very pretty!

the fabled needle (jen) said...

goodness, really cute - look at you go! there is something so sweet and charming about handmade pin cushions. :)

Catherine Holman said...

Love those pin cushions!
Hugs,
Cathie

Melissa said...

Those pincushions are so cottagey cute. I love them.

In fact, I think you could probably even sell them. I would buy them and start a whole new collection at Sunbonnet Cottage.

Unknown said...

That's so pretty, I couldnt sew even if my life depended on it :(

Lallee said...

I love them all. You did a great job! Careful....She's So Pretty cushions can be addictive : )

Do you do winter in NC and FL in summer?

Emily said...

I just love these!! Great work.

La Tea Dah said...

SEW sweet is SEW right!

LaTeaDah