Wednesday, May 5, 2010

"Wednesday Wee Ones" Children's Books

Everyone knows I love to read....and that my 'kids' do, too!

DSCN3627

Some of them even wear glasses!

DSCN3499

Calla Lily has even picked up some magazines to study so that she can help me keep up! lol

DSCN3652

I had a wonderful childhood but I have only a handful...literally...of things from my youth. My mother threw everything away! I think it is a 'skip a generation' thing! My grandmother kept everything, my mother threw away and now my sister and I are perfectly balanced! heehee!

DSCN5721

I was so fortunate to find a seller that had a whole set of The Tucker books. A quote from THIS SOURCE, "The series was published by Whitman, written by Jo Mendel and illustrated by Jackie Tomes. "Jo Mendel" was a pen name used by Gladys Baker Bond, who also wrote some of the Trixie Belden series."

DSCN5723

  I know many of you remember the Trixie Belden books. I have a few of them, too. But the Tucker series is more special to me....because that was my maiden name. This little doll, the 2 deer and teddy bear were mine as a child so they are precious to me, too. Books were my friends growing up! I walked to the library as often as my mother would let me. My Dad worked across the street from the library at the Fire Department so it was familiar territory for me! Does anyone else remember the Tucker series?

DSCN5724

Would you like to visit a blog I have fallen in love with? Pop over to The Fab Miss B's Blog ! She even has a book report today on a children's book I know you will enjoy HERE ! I always look forward to her posts! She even helped me get my closet organized this week! I followed some of her tips on THIS POST!

DSCN5714

So much better!

DSCN5718

DSCN5719

I can find my shoes and bags now! lol

DSCN5717

Thanks and KUDOS to Becky for a wonderfully unique blog! heart

Enjoy your Wednesday, friends! Take time to PLAY!  rose

15 comments:

In the Light of the Moon said...

Your closet looks great!!I so wish my mother kept more,and like you,I try to keep as much as I can for the next generation!!Warmest Regards,Cat

Old Centennial Farmhouse said...

Hi! I love all your toys and books, I have a small collection ready for a guest room, too. I was one of nine and left home with very little and the few things that I have are very worn because they went through so many kids...I enjoy finding toys from my childhood and find them to be more beautiful and durable than anything one can find now!

I am looking into these links you provided, am just embarking on a house-wide cleaning closets adventure!

Have a great day!
*Ü*
Joni

Della said...

Your Wee Ones are so precious in their jammies! I had some Trixie Belden books, too. I had totally forgotten about them. Thanks for the smile on my face!

Simply Shelley said...

Enjoyed your post very much today...love the little girl in the glasses....your little keepsakes from your childhood are so sweet....I have one item from my childhood...I think I might share it soon....blessings

Emily said...

Your dolls are always so cute! My daughter has read all 39 Trixie Belden books during 2nd and 3rd grade. Our library only had the first 15, so we had to inter-library loan all of the rest of them. I bet she'd love this Tucker series too.

Your closet is very enviable!! I'd love to have such a large space all for me :) It was nice hearing from you!

myletterstoemily said...

my closet is a mess, because i have been
traveling so frequently and tend to not
want to unpack.

yikes! i better jump in and organize it.

Butterfly Works said...

I love keepsakes as well....my mother like yours threw everything away....your dolls are precious.

Jenny said...

Wow, what a cool blog. I love these type of vignettes. You are all so clever to be able to do them.

Saw you on Steph's blog and came to say hi!

Barb said...

Hi Diane, what cute dolls and you have them displayed so sweetly.

Your closet is really looking great! Happy Wednesday.

Barb ♥

Janet said...

I read Trixie Belden books and loved them but I never heard of the Tucker series. Great find!

And your closet looks fantastic! So organized, neat, and tidy. I better go get busy on mine!

Fran. said...

I remeber the Trixie Belden books and read a few! Never heard of the Tucker series. But my most favorite all time books are Nancy Drew! I guess you could say I'm a freak! LOL I just finished a Nancy Drew swap. I had a blast! and got to meet the coolest new friend. Seeing your closet makes me think I better get mine organized for the summer! Take care, Fran.

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Your "babies" are SO precious!! I love looking at their little faces and expressions.
Your closet turned out Oh-So-Fab!!!
And I love the tinker toy creations below. I remember them well. : )
M.L.

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Good job! I'm going to have to check out that blog.

Unknown said...

What gorgeous babies! All busy reading and enjoying each others company! Love them all! Thank you for your kind wishes about George's back! suzie xxx

The Fab Miss B said...

Wowie Zowie! Your closet looks incredible! Well done mon ami. And merci beaucoup for the mention!