Friday, July 24, 2026

Life...which trail will you follow?

 
Many of you have followed my blog for close to 20 years now. How time flies and how much can change over the years.
 
But one thing I still cling to is my love of nature and the more 'natural' it is, the more at home I am. 


I started an evening hike at 49th Ave trailhead and was pleasantly surprised at how many people were taking advantage of a 'less hot' evening.


This is the trail I walked on.


And this is the one that 'pulled' me in. 

There are a lot of deer in this area so I was happy to see several on my hike.


This is actually the smallest Buck I have ever seen.


Don't you love his spikes!


They moved into the brush and those are my favorite photos!


They were browsing! 


I waved and took photos of this group of joggers. They were enthusiastic and I loved seeing them enjoying some time together on the Greenway.


It's still too hot to get out much but I can't resist one of those 'trails less traveled'.

Casa Viola News! 


A BIG shout out to Brent for painting my house this week and doing such a fabulous job! I enjoyed having you around and getting to know you better too! THANKS Brent!!!

What's new at your house this week? 

Stay cool, safe and calm!

Hugs, Diane 💜

I’m joining Saturday’s critters HERE!

24 comments:

Irma said...

Beautiful series of photos, Diane.
The deer are cute.
Glad your house has been painted, it looks beautiful.
Nothing special happened here.
I wish you a lovely weekend.
All the best, Irma

Modrina Neba - Blue sky said...

Diane so beautiful and sweet...kiss Andreja, Good vikend!

Martha Jane Orlando said...

We see deer at our house practically on a daily basis, Diane. They are so graceful, aren't they? Happy hiking!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Oh, I LOVE seeing the deer! It's been a while since I've seen any. We just don't have them here like we did in Salt Springs, and I really miss them (and the bears, believe it or not!) Thank you for sharing your pictures. Love that you got your house painted! It makes it look brand new! Yay!! Yes, it is TOO hot to be out for very long. I am SO looking forward to fall!! Take care and enjoy the days you can!

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Your house looks wonderful.
A fun trail to take, especially lucky to see the beautiful deer.
Enjoy the weekend…

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Your house looks beautiful! The trail you took looks nice and shaded and cool. We see a lot of deer here, but they are mule deer and have very large ears, and the bucks' antlers are already growing very long.

Barbara said...

You are so amazing, Diane, how you don't let this summer heat stop you from getting out. You are smart to choose the time of day carefully, but even with that, you do more than me.

Your photos are always top-notch. Those deer seem to have been waiting for you to come by!

Your newly-painted home is beautiful. It's always so good to get things like that behind you. I'm glad you had a good man to do it for you.

Everything you put on your blog is beautiful and so tasteful, including your header.

Thanks for the encouraging words you leave with me.

Marcia said...

Packing for a week away in the Adirondacks. On a drive home from a local ice cream shop the other night we spotted a bear along the shore of the Connecticut River, a porcupine ambling alongside the road, a buck with velvety antlers, and two deer in the corn. Granddaughter #3 was along and she was so thrilled to see all of these creatures.

Carla from The River said...

Hi Diane,
We are hot and smoky here, so our hikes have become short. We did enjoy three days of beautiful weather, low humidity and no smoke. Sadly, it all starts again on Sunday.

We still get out, just not as long of a hike.
I like your house. High Fives to Brent. :-)

HappyK said...

Wonderful walking places. Love to see all the deer. Nice job on the house. Looks great.

Tom said...

...stake cool and well Diane. I'm not sure how you handle the heat!!!

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely photographs from your walk, wonderful to see the deer.
Your house looks great - well done to Brent.

All the best Jan

Terri D said...

Wonderful photos of the deer! Wow! My neighbor friends and I walk at 7:30 a.m., and when we finish our 1.2-mile walk, I am sweating and wet. I can't imagine being out there in the late morning or afternoons. Come on, September!! I'm such a sissy! Your house looks lovely!! Happy weekend!

Chrissy T said...

Oh, I can't wait to hit a trail!!! Love the deer photos!! Your home looks so fantastic! Have a super weekend, Diane!!

doodles n daydreams said...

I'm not getting out much because of the cold, quite the opposite to you. How wonderful to have your house painted, it looks great

Ann said...

That trail that pulled you in would have been calling to me too. Nice that you spotted the deer as well.
Brent did a fantastic job painting your house. It looks amazing.

Shiju Sugunan said...

Such a lovely, peaceful hike, Diane! Those little bucks and the lush green views make it worth beating the summer heat. Casa Viola looks fresh and beautiful! Hope you stay cool and have a wonderful weekend.

Villrose said...

Hiking is always a good idea. Nice to meet deer.
Hugs,
Irene

Wally Jones said...

It's always a treat to see "wildlife" when we're out there. Thank you for sharing your hike. We had a great day in the swamp on Wednesday. Spent over 8 (!) hours out there we were having so much fun!

Enjoy your weekend, Diane!

carol l mck said...

Oh love the deer you saw on that beautiful trail you walked ~ so glad you got your house painted this past week ~
Sending lots of prayers and healing energy hugs your way ~ Hugs ^_^
Carol and Ziggy

https://anartistreflects.com

Breathtaking said...

Hi Diane :)
Lovely sighting and photos of the deer. Those dirt less trodden paths are often the best to see wildlife.Those happy joggers was also a nice encounter, and your newly painted house looks lovely.
Have a great weekend Diane
All the best
Sonjia.

eileeninmd said...

Hello Diane,
I do love walks in nature. There is always something to see.
The deer are so cute, sweet critters.
I am amazed at how joggers can run on these hot days.
They all look happy running along. Your house looks great.
Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great day and a happy weekend! PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

RedPat said...

How great that you got out for an evening hike, Diane. It still must have been quite warm. Stay cool.

BeachGypsy said...

The fresh paint job looks great! Enjoyed the trails with you especially THE BEAUTIFUL DEER! We have deer that come visit us at sundown every evening, like clockwork! All females so far. Love seeing those velvet antlers in your pictures! Merry weekend my friend! HUGS