We may not have sandy beaches and seashells in this part of Florida but we do have The World Equestrian Center. It is the largest equestrian center in the United States and hosts horse shows, competitions and special events.
It was fun to walk around and see the grounds and all of the beautiful sculptures.
The hotels and shops are over the top!
I felt like a lady of leisure sitting in the lobby of one of the hotels, sitting by the blazing fireplace while it was in the 90s outside! haha!
What a place to spend the afternoon!
I've driven by it many times but this was the first time I had spent time there and I enjoyed it. I would love to go back and watch one of the horse events.
Over the years, I've shared a lot of photos of the adjoining horse farms and the beauty of the land.
And if you are thinking that I am enjoying new things outside of my 'comfort zone'.
I went to a concert. Yes I did!
An Elvis impersonators concert.
And guess what! It was awesome!
The performers were all so talented and I fell in love with the music of Elvis all over again.
Have you done anything lately 'outside your comfort zone'?
It's kind of scary, isn't it!
Love, Diane 🌴
















49 comments:
I am so glad you are 'doing things' and finding ways to develop interests in things that you never did before. I find that I am somewhat restricted in what I can do because of hubby and pets.
That center is amazing!!!!
I hope you have a wonderful weekend. xo Diana
...Diana, keep expanding your horizons! Take care and cool and well.
What a spectacular place, Diane! No, I haven't done anything that's out of my comfort zone lately nor do I plan to - LOL. Have a wonderful weekend!
I spent my entire life running from Palmetto to Savannah, several times a year and we always used 301 and I always loved the horses we passed, yet I did not know about this place at all. Glad you are getting out and about and what a wonderful place to stay.. I love horses, but love cows and ducks more. ha ha
Great pictures! it is fantastic getting out of your comfort zone. Beautiful smile
May
My Joe is a horse fanatic. If we were close, he'd go in a minute. As long as he didn't have to cross the border!
Yes, being outside of my comfort zone is a little like sitting on the handlebars of a bicycle while somebody behind me does the steering and pedaling!! But when we trust the Lord, He gives us the grace (enabling power) to get through it!
So glad you made it to the WEC!
I haven't been to the equestrian center yet. It does look like a very interesting and entertaining place. I grew up in Lake County, FL., just down the road from Ocala, and I remember when there were beautiful horse farms all up and down those roads. I really miss seeing them. I'm glad Ocala is preserving some of its horse heritage at that center. I'm happy for you to be out and about and doing fun things. It's good for your body mind and spirit! It's so good to see you smiling again!! Blessings to you!
Hi! It was fun to see YOU and your beautiful smile.
I am glad you are being brave, it is not easy, I know. I am cheering you on.
Love, Carla
I have been to the WEC several times now. It is a fun place to visit, and the toy store in the main hotel is my favorite shop!! I think Barbara and Gary went to that Elvis concert a few weeks ago! I think it was her who wrote about it. How fun!! I've not had an adventure outside my comfort zone in a while, but it does feel good to take a deep breath and just do it!! xo
So nice seeing out there having fun. What a great place to visit!!!
The Equestrian Centre looks amazing and that is a lovely photograph of you.
Sending good wishes across the miles.
All the best Jan
Good for you, Diane. I am glad you are getting out and doing things.
Diane,
I love that you went to a concert. How neat. Good for you!!!! I haven't recently did anything out of my comfort zone due to my surgery BUT I do plan to some things afterwards that will be for sure. Hiking solo for one. It is actually out of my comfort zone yet I do it all the time. I am always and literally mean always anxious when I go but once I get to hiking I am okay (usually) and I do plan to car camp once this fall. That is new to me and out of my comfort zone. I ziplined in the Bahamas this past year and THAT was FOR SURE out of my ZONE of comfort. I loved it.
I do a lot now that I think about it. LOL!
The center looks so neat. I would like to see a horse event as well. You look beautiful!!
Dear Diane so beautiful...Hug Andreja!
Hello Diane,
How nice that you went to a concert.
There is also someone here in the Netherlands who can imitate Elivis so perfectly; it is just like hearing him for real.
I haven't done anything outside my comfort zone; I do the housework and I walk for a few hours every day.
If I had to do something outside my comfort zone, it would be traveling alone on public transport, but that is not an issue for the time being. We are still together, married for almost 56 years, and we have a car. I don't have a driver's license myself, so the car would have to be sold immediately if I were to end up alone.
I wish you a nice weekend.
All the best, Irma
I haven't done anything out of my comfort zone in a long time I would enjoy both of these things though.
Years ago my husband and I used to go to free concerts that were all impersonation bands. Some of them were very good.
That Equestrian Centre looks wonderful! We have a world class centre here in Calgary, it's called Spruce Meadows.
I believe if you want to continue to grow and to learn, you need to step outside of your comfort zone. I agree it is scary but oh so rewarding when you overcome the fear. I challenge myself all the time! With your words "And guess what! It was awesome!" , I bet any money there is nothing stopping you now from trying something else new!
Diane ~ what a fascinating Horse Center and area ~ lovely photos ~ good for you doing things outside your comfort zone ~ Happy Weekend to you ~ Hugs ^_^
I went to an equestrian center with a demo of horse riding on a trip to Iceland. The horses there are really impressive though very small, and they have an unusual gait in addition to the standard ones. I’d love to see the center where you took the photos.
best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com
It is always a surprise for visitors to see Florida's "horse country". That area is so lovely. It almost has some rolling "hills"!
Shopping malls --> Outside my comfort zone. Too scary to think about.
Hello,
Lovely photo of you at the hotel lobby. We have the equestrian centers here too, horse farms seem to be very popular.
The sculpture and the horses are beautiful.
It is fun to do things outside the norm, I am glad you are getting out! Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great day and a happy weekend! PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.
This is just beautiful, Diane. I love watching horses -- they are so majestic. And it seems lovely inside too. I'm glad the concert was fun. It sounds like a good time.
A beautiful place you visted, and the horses! You know, i have been to Elvis shows, and enjoyed it! Sometimes it's good to move outside one's comfort zone. I do it when I give lectures, or invite people I don't know very well. Wish you great summer days. Hugs,
Irene
Hello, my friend. What a fabulous afternoon there! And an Elvis concert to boot! Good for you!
Fantastic sculptures. The Elvis Presley impersonator concert was certainly fantastic. Diane, you look beautiful. Greetings from faraway Poland.
WOW, that places looks so amazing and beautiful horses are a bonus!!! I'm glad you had a fun time, the concert sounds like it was a blast!
Sometimes life literally throws us out of our comfort zones. You look lovely and comfy in that beautiful setting.
You've been busy, and it all sounds like a lot of fun. I've never been to an Elvis Presley impersonator concert, but I did attend a Judy Garland impersonator concert that I thoroughly enjoyed. Blessings!
It is good that you are having some fun, Diane. Stay cool. Hugs
you are a wild one, aren't you!?! i am so happy to see you are out and about and having fun!! i would love to visit this equestrian center, i have a real love for horses and they are critters too. i went to one of those shows a long time ago, it was maybe 6 or 7 entertainers, i feel in love with the michael jackson impersonator, he was great!! outside the box...for me, nothing comes to mind!! have a great week!! you look great!!
Lovely sculptures and photos!
Hello Diane :)
I am so happy that you are trying new things and getting out and about to do them. That is a lovely photo of you smiling in what seems to be a luxurious looking lobby..I have not done anything out of my comfort zone, nor wanted to because of the heat that wore me down.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend Diane
Hugs
Sonjia.
I love the statues especially - such fun!!! And nice to see you, too :-)
It looks like a place you could wander for hours. And honestly, good for you on the concert! It’s easy to stick to the familiar, but I bet that music brought back some great memories. Sounds like a perfect getaway.
Great photos! I am glad the Elvis impersonators event was fun!
Hi Diane!
From horses and sculptures to Elvis and song,
You stepped from your comfort zone—and danced right along.
A fireplace blazing while Florida shone bright,
What a grand afternoon filled with beauty and delight!
Sometimes the best memories begin with a little fear,
Then surprise us with joy when we venture somewhere new.
May more lovely adventures be waiting for you!
John
PS Thanks for adding me to the Fun to Visit column! 😊
I bet that concert was a whole lot of fun. Great place, thought the sculptures were great. Lovely photo of you too.
What an amazing adventure, and we bet the concert was brilliant! We love anything equestrian, thank you for sharing all the fun! Happy Monday!!!😻🐾✨🐾😻
Happy Monday
My Monday post today
HERE
Much love
What a fabulous equestrian center!
We have a small one in our community as our area was once a cattle ranch and the original barns still remained and areas were converted into riding rings. In Denver, there is the National Western Stock Center and I;ve seen rodeos and draft horse shows there during stock show days.'How fun to see an Elvius impersonator--I bet he put on a wonderful show!
Pasaste unos momentos bonitos, me alegra. Besos.
What an impressive place! Even without beaches, having a world-class equestrian center like this is something truly special. The beautiful facilities, incredible horses, and variety of events make it a must-visit destination for anyone who appreciates equestrian sports and architecture. 🐎✨
https://nanajee.com/2026/06/24/qatar-airways-privilege-club-guide/
I love the horses and the artwork! The animals riding the very long bike is amusing. I haven’t gone outside my comfort zone lately, but I’m not sure where the boundary is.
Elvis forever! I'm a Fan of his music.
Greetings by Heidrun
PS: Nice to see you in this post.
Good for you trying new things and enjoying them too!!
Well done for venturing beyond your comfort zone. I haven't done that for a while.
What a fun place to visit! Stay cool, Diane.
Amalia
xo
Look at you all cute in that photo!! I'm so happy to see you out and about. Love you!
Post a Comment