There are so many great places to hike here in North Central Florida and I catch myself, saying 'OH...this is my favorite trail'. Is it OK to have more than one favorite?
A couple of weeks ago John and I spent some time at Blue Run Park.
We'll go back soon for a longer hike but I just have to share the highlight of our stop at Blue Run Park.
Athena the Mermaid
Is there anything more delightful than meeting a real life mermaid?
She was delightful and the sweetest young lady you'll ever meet.
And of all the 'sightings' I've had at Blue Run Park, this may be one of the most memorable!
A couple of months ago when my son, D. was here we spent a couple of hours at Blue Run Park and I got a lot more bird photos.
White Ibis
Limpkin
Moorhen
And my favorite, a Little Blue Heron!
This hike had a memorable moment too. My son shimmied up a tree and shook down some oranges.
I wasn't sure if an orange growing in the wild would be sweet but it was the sweetest orange I've ever tasted.
If you live in this part of Florida or want to visit, be sure to spend a day at Blue Run Park in Dunnellon.
Check out the link HERE ! You'll love it!
You just never know what you'll see!
Love, Diane π
I’m joining Saturday’s critters HERE!



















50 comments:
Ohh so beautiful...good Friday!
A beautiful place! The birds are amazing.
May
Hello Diane,
Beautiful photos of your walk.
Those oranges look delicious to me.
I wish you a very nice weekend.
All the best, Irma
Such natural beauty, Diane. Your photos of the birds are exceptional. Blessings!
Blue Run looks beautiful. When the weather cools down, would you like to meet there? It's a little more than 2 hours from here. A doable day-trip for me!!
lLOVE all the pictures but ESPECIALLY the πππππ π oranges!!! So glad to see you out and about and soaking up all the Florida beauty--- the waters, the trails, yes even mermaids π§♀️!! Have you been to Weeki Wachee? I love it there and I could watch the performances all day! And swim In that ice cold water on hot days!
This looks like a lovely place to visit. I would love to hike more in Floridia. When we went this past fall I was scared to because of alligators. Do you have any tips?
OH, that looks like such a great place to visit. I wish it was a little closer to us. I think it's probably about and hour and a half or so away...we'd have to leave early try to get there before it's too hot...or wait until fall. That's a better idea. LOL. I love all the pictures you took of the different birds, but yes, that mermaid is pretty special indeed! What a surprise! And how great that the oranges were sweet! How SWEET of your son to shimmy up the tree and shake them down for you! It's really getting hard to find any fresh Florida oranges anymore. So sad. Thank you for sharing your adventures with us. This was fun!
How sweet--oranges and a real life mermaid. lol. I am glad you are out and about and keeping active and busy. Your photos are great-as always. xo Diana
I've walked the paved trail in Blue Run a couple of times but it's been about 4 years since the last time. You sure know how to make a hike both interesting and fun! That watercraft in your post looks like fun!
The water looks so refreshing. I can see why it is one of your favorites.
-Soma
What a lovely place to spend some time. :)
Such lovely photographs from Blue Run Park ... and I can almost taste that orange!
May you enjoy a peaceful weekend.
All the best Jan
Thanks for sharing about the Blue Run Park. I do live in Florida 1/2 of the year and there are so many parks that I want to visit. This is on my list. Looks like a wonderful place.
Beautiful park and what a treat to find a sweet wild orange.
Florida oranges are the best, so I am going to take your word for the wild one. I love that your son got to hike with you. A mermaid in the flesh:)
...Blue Run Park looks nice and cool, but looks can be deceiving! Stay cool, well and happy!
A beautiful place for walking, swimming and birding. Nice serie photos. Have a nice weekend !
It's obvious why you would say this is your favourite trail! You have sweet memories attached to it! The other day I was asked what my favourite trail was, by the time I finished talking I had listed ten and I could have continued on. Each trail is unique and holds something special to make it a favourite. I enjoy seeing where life is taking you these days!
looks like a beautiful park. How nice of your son to climb the tree to get you an orange.
Your favourite place is where you are that day. I certainly have more than one favourite place, besides my garden that is. We are getting much needed rain today in my part of Ontario, Canada. I truly hope it is raining in the wildfire areas as well. Enjoy the weekend.
I love that you ran into a mermaid! Wonder what her story is. The park looks beautiful, and those bird photos are gorgeous, Diane.
Lovely nature photos ~ beautiful Mermaid too ~ Hugs ^_^
Carol McK ~ https://anartistreflects.com
Blue Run Park looks like a wonderful place to take a walk and enjoy all the sights. Seeing Athena was a delight!
Hello Diane,
I have a lot of favorite trails too! I love all your bird photos. Athena the mermaid is cute. Pretty views of the water. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great day and a happy weekend! PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.
Hi Diane – A sweet post indeed. Yes, I would like to see Athena. π Was she a part of your group? Nice to see your son with you at Blue Run Park. The water does look refreshing. Enjoyed the bird photos! Wishing you a peaceful and relaxing weekend! John
It's been too long since we visitied Blue Run. Thank you for reminding us to get ourselves up there! Love all those bird pictures! All that and a mermaid, too. Only in the Sunshine State!
Take care Diane.
The mermaid looks very sweet! The little blue heron is very cute, and the ibis too. Beautiful pictures!
Hugs!
I have never seen a mermaid, Diane. You were lucky!
Hi Diane! I think it's OK to have more than one favorite trail. Blue Run Park sounds delightful, and you sure got some amazing bird shots. That White Ibis one is especially good. I love oranges, and have enjoyed the Florida ones during my visits to there. However, I've never had one fresh off the tree. Thanks for visiting my blog and God bless you!
There are so many beautiful places in Florida! Mermaids? Lovely bird shots. Hugs,
Irene
That looks like a wonderful place for an outting and seeing a mermaid was quite the bonus!
What a wonderful adventure, Diane!
A mermaid, sweet wild oranges, and all those beautiful birds--Blue Run Park sounds magical.
I love how each visit gives you a new “favorite” moment. π
Beautiful photos!
Athena the Mermaid is delightful. What a special treat to see her on your hike. And the white ibis is unusually pretty. I'm glad you are doing well and getting out in nature. I'd love to try one of those juicy sweet Florida oranges. ; )
That sure was a fun day!
So beautiful, the park and the resident mermaid. Emerson Point here has a few orange trees sprinkled around from back when it was a plantation. Old Florida is my favorite Flordia. Glad you are still wandering and hiking.
Dear Diane!
You've presented a beautiful, relaxing place on your blog.
I was captivated by the beautiful Siren. In Greek mythology, these dangerous and cunning femme fatale creatures are imagined as half woman, half fish. Thank you for the beautiful photos from Florida, which is out of my reach.
Kisses and warmest greetings from faraway Poland.
It looks like this part ticks all the boxes -- gorgeous birds, oranges to go, and a mermaid! It sounds wonderful.
Yes, this mermaid is amazing. Many greetings by Heidrun
I need to check out the springs and park one of these days. We live about an hour away.
Dear Diane,
yes, I definitely think it's possible to have several "favorite whatevers" (places or animals or food or people or trails or ...). It's like having several boxes: one for your most amazing hiking trails, a second for your second favorites, and a third for the "meh" trails. Depending on how much you like a trail, you put it in one box or another. Eventually, the box will be filled with countless "absolute favorite" trails π! And when you have such lovely encounters as the one with a real mermaid, it's no wonder you especially love Blue Run Park π₯°. Since there are also amazing birds and sweet oranges there, this place definitely belongs in box number one!
Did I already thank you for your delightful comment on my previous post? You asked me if I gave you a twirl. To be honest, I couldn't quite remember, but I looked at the rest of the photos in that series, and yes, it looks like it was a full twirl. One thing is for sure, I was sooo happy that day about all the amazing grizzlies we saw. And the next day with the black bears was just as wonderful. Sometimes life just tempts you to dance. (As we know, it's not always like that – but WHEN it is, it's good to give in to that happy mood – it's a gift π!)
Of course I also want to thank you for your sweet comment of yesterday, too!
All the best and lots of hugs from Austria π€
Traude
I certainly think it's possible to have several favourites at the same time. I know that I can never quite decide if is my favourite composer or if it's Mozart. So I say they are both my top favourites.
Thank you for sharing these lovely photos, Diane.
you surely captured some beautiful bird images. i have no doubt if i visit florida i would see a lot of birds i have never seen before. i love the orange story, talk about fresh!! i have "more than several" favorite birds, food, music...you never have to narrow it down to one favorite!! have a great new week!!
It is lovely to have walk trails near where you live, and this one looks fabulous. You captured a lovely set of bird life too. Have a wonderful week and thabkyou for visiting my blog this week.
The Little Blue Heron is a bird that I'd love to see. Great captures.
Hello Diane :)
What a lovely post full of my favourite things. Loved the park, parks with lakes are a definate favourite,of mine, and you took great shots of the birds you saw The mermaid was a sweet encounter, I have never seen one but would like to.and I'm glad you enjoyed the sweet oranges that your son managed to get.
All the best Diane
Hugs
Sonjia.
Me encanta tu paseo. Besos.
Hello Diane, your photos are beautiful! It looks like a wonderful time....and the water!!! Thank you so much for sharing.
My favorite is always the one I like NOW :-)
Amalia
xo
This is another wonderful walk you took us on with all its pretty sights. I know I have never come across a mermaid. My loss, says I with a grin. I remember the trails we took when we visited Florida several years ago with its amazing birdlife. Loved looking at these. Thanks Diane and wishing you a great week.
Post a Comment