Friday, August 14, 2009

My Pizza and some links to share!

I made pizza this week and it was so yummy!


I love it when the produce store has the big ripe red peppers in season!

My crust is very simple...
just flour with a dash of salt,
add yeast that has been softened in warm water
until you have a dough you can roll out.

Then add whatever meat and veggies you like
and LOTS of cheese of course!

I bake my crust for a few minutes before I add the ingredients
and it comes out crispier and less soggy.

So it's a pizza dough crust,
tomato sauce with some garlic powder and oregano sprinkled on top,
then parmesan and romano cheese,
Veggies,
cooked meat
( I cook Jimmy Dean Sage sausage and drain it good,
I even microwave the pepperoni for hubby,
on a paper towel for 8 seconds
and then mash out all the grease!)

After about 10 minutes on 425 degrees, I add the cheeses
(I use cheddar and mozzarella...don't grate the mozzarella, slice it)

Melt the cheese in the hot oven and then turn the broiler on to brown it.
OH MY! I have made hundreds of these pizzas over the years
and they are always so great!


My friend at the Freckled Hen gave us a great French Bread Recipe...
Check it out HERE on her blog!

I also found the most amazing post on Rose Cottage Gardens...
all about Lavender! Find it HERE !

ENJOY YOUR DAY!

5 comments:

rosecottagegardensandfarm said...

You are so sweet to share a link to one of my lavender posts at Rose Cottage! I love to have visitors stop by for a little chat--the tea pot is always on! Thank you so much!

Love your pizza recipe. We will try it tonight.

Have a great weekend!
Debbykay at Rose Cottage Gardnes and Farm

Lila Rostenberg said...

The pizza looks wonderful....have you seen "Julie and Julia"???
Meryl again.
My blog is so old, that I don't get updates when other bloggers post anyway!

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Diane,

Your pizza looks delicious and always so much nicer than store brought.
I made pizzas for our dinner on Friday night.

thanks for the links and I will go and check them out.

enjoy your weekend
Hugs
Carolyn

Stacey said...

Oh my gosh your pizza looks good. I never make them homemade but need to start. I like them best with no meat but that doesn't go over with the rest of my family. We could each do our own!

Michela said...

Oh Diane! I'd like to have a slice of that yummy pizza, please...although I haven't had my breafkast yet...it's 8.30 am here...