I wish I could come up with something clever but in truth all I can think of was the fact that they were both at Halpata Tastanaki Preserve on days I couldn't hike! HA!
I've had a lot of those this summer. It's really been too hot to hike but my reason for observing wildlife from the comfort of the Jeep is a prickly heat rash.
It's the first one I've ever had but it was stubborn.
So I've taken a few drives out to the preserve just to observe!
I actually had something exciting happen the first time I went out there in the mid afternoon. I took my coffee drink and a snack and pulled over into a shady spot to enjoy it. I had it all out in my lap when I saw movement in a tree across the way. I almost dumped everything in the floor I got so excited.
I witnessed a Fox Squirrel building a nest. It kept going out to the end of a branch to gather Spanish moss, and back down to the nest to 'feather' his nest. I didn't get any great photos but I sure enjoyed watching him.
And then on another day, John and I drove out to the preserve to watch the horses in the field.
This one horse came out from behind the tree, walked a few steps, stopped to pose and then went on across the field. I had just enough time for a couple of photos but that's all I needed.
Thank you Mr. Horse!
Another beauty in the field!
It sure was a beautiful day for a drive 'off road' in the Jeep.
Sometimes you have to be happy with plan B.
I think I had a plan B summer!
Has that ever happened to you?
Love, Diane















No comments:
Post a Comment