Monday, August 2, 2010

Favorite things…mostly BOOKS!

My hubby and I walked around downtown Hendersonville one day last week and I have a new favorite thing! You may have heard of them…or already use them!

DSCN7529

I am definitely hooked on them and can’t imagine going back to a sponge or cotton dishcloth! Don’t you love the cute designs?

DSCN7455

They clean the counters without leaving them wet, fold nicely to wash dishes and rinse clean and dry quickly. I am washing mine with my laundry but you can also put them in the dishwasher. Visit their  Website .

And books….I just got back from the library and I have lots of books to talk about!

41lPFejA29L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_

Have you read anything by Mary Alice Monroe? I’ve read 2 of her books and they were both wonderful! Very easy, light reading…with interesting characters that you get so attached to, you want a follow up book to find out how they are doing! heehee!

411lYk28IxL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_ 

I received this book from my friend Laura at  Lallee's Cottage along with these cute crocheted coasters that she made! I love Miss Julia books…she is such a character!

DSCN7194 

And now I’ve received this book from Joy at Books and Life ! I can’t wait to read it! Thanks Joy!

DSCN7540

And I have books from the library to read….a new mystery, ‘The Monster in the Box’ written by Ruth Rendell and ‘The Other Boleyn Girl’ by Philippa Gregory that my girlfriend at  Freckled Hen recommended! We always love the same books and I think I will read this one next!

And then there are books that I picked up at the library in case I am in the mood for improvement! lol

DSCN7542

I saw this one mentioned on the blog,  Class Room Chic and can’t wait to look through it and see what I can learn!

DSCN7543

I hope you’re having a wonderful Monday!

Happy Birthday to a special girl in our family….celebrating a very special birthday! Happy Birthday Desiree! HAVE FUN! ; )

What are you reading this summer? Do you read more than one book at a time? I always do…lol! ENJOY!!!

20 comments:

desi said...

Hey, when you're done with the one by Charla Krupp, can I borrow it? hahaha! Thanks for the b-day wishes! I love that little card that came with your book from Joy, it makes me want to craft some cards! hhmmmm..... {hugs}

Happy@Home said...

Well, shoot, I just returned from the library and wish I would have read this post first. I would have looked for "How Not To Look Old" for sure. Let me know if you get any particulary useful tips from it, okay?

Vee said...

"How Not to Look Old"...now there's an idea. Ha! Too late for me, I'm afraid. I picked up two books at the library and one has me so unsettled that I want to pick it up and read, but I don't want to pick it up and read... Strange book.

Okay, those cloths sound great. I like thin cloths so if they wash off counters and wring out nicely, I'm interested. Gotta see what the web site says.

Elizabeth and Gary said...

I have not heard about or seen these dish clothes yet. How cool are these, I will have to look for them around town..
I enjoy reading romance books on the long train ride home everyday from work. I also will do some needlework.
Have a sweet day! Big hugs, Elizabeth

Stacey said...

I've never seen those dish cloths. They are cute and sound wonderful.

I've read all of the Miss Julia books, I think. They are so cute. I want to be spunky like her. :)

How Not to Look Old is on my list to read. Have you seen this site?
http://www.fabulousafter40.com/

Let me know what you think.

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Those cloths are cool! Where in Hendersonville did you get them?

I love reading books based in the Carolinas. I have never heard about this author. Thanks for the info!
Hugs,
Penny

Sparky said...

Now those dishcloths is something I would love...nobody seems to have them around here though...pretty cool...and yes I think I would be the same Diane..afraid to use them...your choices superb...love the collection of books too.
blessings ms

Anonymous said...

Cute dishcloths Diane, Ive never seen those before.Im liking the book,Miss Julia hits the road,looks funny lol.How not to look old??? heheh Im just pretending Im getting old,hah.

Happy Tuesday ahead!

Lallee said...

I'm not familiar with those dishcloths. I do use microfiber cloths for dusting. I will follow the link! I want to explore the books you shared too. Thank you for posting them. BTW Your daisy pin is on a lampshade in my studio while I'm not using it--looks so cute!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Those dishcloths sound really nice..thanks for the link!

You picked up soem wonderful books. The "How Not To Look Old" would have caught my eye,also, and have gone home wiht me! :)

JG said...

The dish cloths look interesting. I have not seen them.

Last summer I enjoyed reading "The Other Boleyn Girl". Fascinating lives back then.

It's always relaxing to take time every week and read a bit. Enjoy your books! :)

Maya @ Completely Coastal said...

Love the show What not to wear!

Unknown said...

I love the patterns on those dishcloths! I haven't read the Other Boleyn Girl yet, I have watched the film, but usually of course the films are never as good as the books. I am going to start a book soon I hope, I just can't make my mind up, as we have so many! Happy birthday to Desiree! Susie xxx

Freckled Hen said...

I have never seen those cloths, they look very nice and will check them out. I like the books you chose and blushed a little when I saw the link for me. When I posted about the book I was about 1/2 way through, it kind lost some modesty after that point. I still liked it as it is a part of history I'm not too familiar with.
Anyhow, I hope you enjoy it and thanks for the link!

Brenda Pruitt said...

I've got four or five books coming I have to review. I read the new Anna Quindlen novel recently. It was fantastic. Looks like you're set for summer reading!
Brenda

GardenOfDaisies said...

I really love the look of those cloths! Especially the one with the birds on it!

joyh82 said...

Hey have fun reading all those books, so glad it finally found it's way to you. ;) Love those cute cloths.

Janet said...

Thanks for all the book suggestions, and the info on those cleaning cloths. They might make cleaning a lot more fun!

I'm reading "Claude and Camille" right now. I usually have a couple of books going at one time but I just finished one...."The Last of the Honky Tonk Angels"

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site lavenderdreamstoo.blogspot.com
Is this possible?

jody said...

i have never heard of the dish cloths but sure think they are a great idea..i love the fabric!.. my mom knits wash cloths and thats what i have been using. i will watch for these tho! i love books but sure dont read much. that should be a new years resolution..maybe i should start a summer book! enjoy your evening!