Monday, March 15, 2010

Has your decorating style changed over the years?

I think I know the answer to that question, but how has it changed?

Photo taken at Rainbow Springs!

DSCN4668

I remember when we bought a big house in Western North Carolina over 10 years ago, we drove to  Garden Ridge in SC and bought some pretty 'art' for our house. Florals for the bedroom, sunflowers for the bath, a peaceful stream running through beautiful trees....hmmm! And we enjoyed it all!

Since then we have discovered Art shows and art galleries! We have found the most wonderful art done by local artists!

Here in Florida Art shows and Craft festivals abound! We have our choice of little towns to drive most weekends! And it's one of our favorite things to do!

DSCN4721

Last weekend we drove back to Rainbow Springs for their big annual art show and yesterday we went to an art gallery near by that has some of the artists that we met at the park.

This is one of my favorite paintings now!

DSCN4762

We saw so many talented local artists!

 DSCN4767 

Isn't it amazing when the light catches some of the metallic touches?

DSCN4764

It's called Volcanic Flow, by Barbara Kerr, but I think I see a fish in there!

DSCN4765

Jeanne Conrad painted this owl

DSCN4770

and my hubby hung it in the lanai.

DSCN4824

Enjoy your day! Add some beauty into your world today!

SignatureTransparent

14 comments:

Vee said...

Saving my pennies to buy some art myself...I do have the good fortune of having a daughter who paints so I do have some "real" art in the house. Love your paintings. My basic style has not changed through the years, but the way that I "interpret" it has evolved a bit.

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Volcanic Flow...couldn't be more perfect. It's beautiful...lucky you!!!
Your pincushions below, turned out just as charming as can be. Great job. : )
M.L.

Beedeebabee said...

oooh, that owl is gorgeous! Volcano Flow's colors are so yummy. Both are beautiful!...I love Arts and Craft shows too. It's amazing what some people can do! Thanks for sharing, Sweetie!

xo's Paulette

Unknown said...

What a lovely painting, I love both, but especially love your new one. I have really come to enjoy contemporary art. I think our decorating styles do change, and I know as I get older I love clean open spaces instead of lots of clutter. I used to love a gazilion nicnacs.
Karen

Annesphamily said...

I like your blog a lot! The painting you have is gorgeous. Denver has a beautiful area with artists and galleries. It is lots of fun but busy on the weekends. Thanks for sharing.

Low Tide High Style said...

You artwork is simply stunning! We have lots of wonderful local artists here in Maryland as well!

Kat :)

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Your going to laugh at me but when I saw the picture of you in front of the fence and pond I thought the pond was in the shape of Texas...lol
Beautiful art work...you are so lucky to have all those little creative shops and towns to visit...Your having a great time there.
Glad I stopped by
Maggie

Unknown said...

I see the fish...I don't miss a beat, if I can help it! Beautiful art work and so fitting for your beautiful home. Thinking of you today Diane and hoping the week is peaceful and a magical for you...I do believe a little green guy in a velvet suit and a top hat has arrived with Lucky Charms popping out of his top hat...

Boo-Bah AKA Iris said...

The art work is beautiful. I love the owl in particular.

It's funny I have been pretty much consistent in my likes and dislikes through the years. I have always loved country, early american, style. I have went through color changes but always gravitate back to yellows, blues, and earthy colors.

Have a great day.
Iris

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

You found some good ones there! Art shows are fun!

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hello my friend,

Ohhh...Rainbow Springs looks like such a beautiful place! I loved your photos but couldn't help but notice that "Beware of Alligators" sign on the fence! Hehe!

What a fun way to spend a leisurely Sunday...visiting a few art shows! I would love that! The painting in your living room really is gorgeous! I love all of that fabulous use of color! And you know, I think I see fish in there too! It's really beautiful! I also enjoyed the painting of the owl! What great finds, my friend! Thank you for sharing them with us!

I also wanted to thank you for coming by and taking a peek at my Spring Green decor in my dining room and for leaving me such a sweet note! I always enjoy our visits, my friend!

Have a wonderful day...
Chari @Happy To Design

Bearly Sane said...

I think I see a rooster! LOL!! I like the photo of you at Rainbow Lake...that's beautiful.
Warmest hugs,
Sandi @ Bearly Sane

Janean said...

you know the blue in that gorgeous picture made my eyes travel to the beautiful blue in your kitchen-eating area.

i'd rather buy from local artist any day too!

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

As an artist who sells at shows in Kansas, I have to say thanks for buying originals!! I wish more people thought to support their local artists instead of the big department stores.