Friday, October 11, 2024

Aliens from outer space....close to home!


 The 'close to home' part of my title concerns our weather.

With the storms this month we've hiked close to home and went on a camping trip close to home.


The Alien?

Don't you love this beautiful Pipevine Swallowtail butterfly?

He was very photogenic and stayed around long enough for me to shoot a whole roll of film!


I guess back in the days of film cameras, I wouldn't have gotten this many photos!


The month of October has been stressful from the storms and restful with the camping trip.


And I won't complain about staying close to home.


Our weather has at least been good for the mushrooms! Lots of moisture, heat and humidity!


Hermit Thrush taken at Ross Prairie State Forest

We didn't have any damage from Hurricane Milton! I'm keeping everyone who did in my prayers. And we continue to pray for those affected by Hurricane Helene. It's been a tough Fall for this part of the country! 

I’m joining Saturday’s critters HERE

  and Mosaic Monday HERE !

No comments: