Friday, October 4, 2024

The Blue Grosbeak at Halpata Tastanaki Preserve!


 Finally!


I've driven out to HTP once a week for months now and finally saw the Blue Grosbeak!

I saw two of them which was a thrill.


They are at the preserve every summer but this year I went all summer before I spotted them.


I was at the end of my hike and they flew right across the trail in front of me.


I get so excited seeing something special like this.

A photo of what I call 'the view' along the trail.


It's always beautiful out there and you always see something special.


I like to look through the trees at the view too!


This little Downy Woodpecker was very cute climbing up and down on this tree.


I also saw an Eagle on my drive over, but I'll have to share more Woodpecker photos today. 


One day I drove out to the Shangri-La trailhead and parked next to this persimmon tree.


It was loaded with fruit!


Have you ever eaten a persimmon? Pucker up! 

We haven't really turned the calendar to 'Fall' here but change is in the air!

We are heartbroken to see the horrific damage caused by Hurricane Helene in so many places. We lived in Asheville, Hendersonville and the small mountain town of Hot Springs, NC for many years and it is devastating to see the damage. And of course worrisome to know so many people are suffering. My prayers are for all those affected. Our relatives that live there are safe. But we appreciate your continued prayers. 

I’m joining Saturday’s critters HERE

  and Mosaic Monday HERE !

3 comments:

Tom said...

...no persimmons for me!

Tine de Jong said...

What a beautiful bird you finally got to see. It doesn't occur here in the Netherlands. It's great that you now had the chance to see it. But the woodpecker and the beautiful blue sky with the clouds and the trees were also beautiful.And yes, i also buy the fruits sometimes here and I like them too. I use them a lot in yoghurt and in desserts. I have liked visit your post and website. I had also followed it on TV about storm Helena and it is very sad what it has caused. My thoughts are with all of them. Greetings from my other nature website this time.

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

Woohoo! I do not think I have ever seen a blue grosbeak. Or eaten a persimmon....