Friday, September 27, 2024

Attention to detail


 Sometimes I hike. When I'm on a good trail and feel like stretching my legs and setting a good pace.

Other times I take a nature walk. 


'Attention to detail' is the ability to observe, analyze and comprehend even the most minute aspects of a situation.

Halpata Tastanaki Preserve gives you the opportunity to 'hike' and 'walk'.


I stopped under the big Live Oak tree that shades the trail about a half mile from the trailhead.


It's a good place to take a drink of water and look up into the massive branches of this tree for birds.


But this time something else caught my eye.


Then when I zoomed in with my camera I saw even more.


A perfect feather!

I thought at first it was a nest but I think it a branch that some big bird had lunch.

And if that wasn't enough to slow me down...


there were dozens of tiny frogs crossing the trail.


This one was so wet that it picked up little bits and pieces of the seashells that cover the trail.


Boy, is he going to be in trouble when he gets home.


He's so dirty and messy! 

It was a beautiful day on the preserve and perfect for a nature walk!


A blog friend asked me how long I hike. Always longer than 1 hour and up to 2 hours, depending on how much nature I stop to observe!

We survived Hurricane Helene without any damage to our house. There are lots of branches down in the back yard but so far everything looks fine. We are keeping everyone in our prayers today. It was scary to hear the high winds and rain last night at about bedtime. But it's a beautiful sunny day today! Take care and be well! 

I’m joining Saturday’s critters HERE

  and Mosaic Monday HERE !

No comments: