This is one of my favorite times to walk to the neighborhood pond.
Mourning Dove
I'm seeing a trend on my blog lately, the word 'favorite' is showing up a lot.
It's probably because I'm experiencing my 'favorites' again after a year of hard times.
The lighting can be odd at sunset so you never know what your photos will look like until you get back home.
Goose with the broken wing
Just a few favorite pics after a walk to the pond at sunset.
Magnolia bloom in a cube effect (a fav!)
Do you have a good place to walk near your house?
Try to get out when the sun goes down and enjoy the beauty that surrounds you.
Love, Diane 💜
I’m joining Saturday’s critters HERE!















36 comments:
...Diane, may each day be easier for you!
Beautiful photos, Diane! That photo cube with the Magnolia is especially intriguing.
As for a favorite place I can walk to: the multi-purpose path behind my house is akin to an Oak Tree tunnel. Very shady and green. So beautiful. We enjoy that area on all of our bike rides.
I'm so glad you are able to enjoy your favorites once again. That is so good!!!
Howdy my sweet friend! Love the pretty pictures and yes we walk our fields alot! Love being out in nature EXCEPT when it's so 🔥 🔥 🥵 🔥 HOT! Kinda looking forward to Fall. Merry weekend, hope yours is nice! Hugs!
Wonderful beautiful photos. :)
OH, your neighborhood pond is beautiful!! And sunset is always a great time to be near a pond...you have some great reflections. Our pond is still dry, which is so sad, but we still get some good sunsets...just no reflections. We don't usually take walks at sunset, however, as the mosquitoes are brutal then and I don't like to put on so much bug spray. YOu got some great duck and geese photos, etc. And how did you do that magnolia blossom in a cube? Very interesting. I'm so glad you are getting out more and more and enjoying the things you love so much again. May God continue to bless you and bring peace and joy to you once again.
Beautiful photos. I haven’t walked in ages because walking has gotten a bit painful, I miss it
Well, my front and back yard is the mountains, so Yes, I can just walk out my front door and walk around. There's always nature to look at at every angle. I loved seeing your favorite things at the pond, especially that precious mourning dove. And the feathers on the Canadian Goose looks purple in the picture, so neat. You're right about the lighting at sunset - it can be so strange looking and wonderful and wonderful at the same time.
I know you had a hard year, Diane. It takes a while to recover and sometimes that recovery looks different than we thought it would. I know that even during that last hard year you were already mourning on some level.
I love your pond shots. I walk about 3 miles a day (at least) and I sneak through a hole in the fence (lol) and walk in a beautiful old graveyard that has miles of paved walking paths...there are no water features but there are beautiful gardens scatter throughout. The whole thing is beautifully maintained and there is a full crew working there every day. There is also a crypt built into the side of a hill where Dr. Minahoan was buried-a man that died/recovered from the Titanic. People leave all sorts of coins there for some reason. Hugs to you, my sweet Florida friend- Diana
We do have a beautiful city (more like town) park where we can walk, Diane, but only in the cooler months. Although I can tolerate the heat fairly well, my husband can't, so our exercise is limited to the indoors in summer. Thanks for sharing your wonderful photos!
Diane...So beautiful and gaga is lovely...kiss Andreja!
Hello Diane,
This is a great series of photos.
The Canada goose and the sunset are my favorites.
I wish you a lovely weekend.
All the best, Irma
beautiful photos, each with its own warmth and uniqueness...
I see why these things are "favorites"!
Our neighborhood is also a "favorite". The doc says I need to walk every day so around the 'hood I go. This morning I got to greet the Sandhill Crane family, about five dozen Black-bellied Whistling Ducks on the pond, a young Red-shouldered Hawk screaming at me and a flock of about ten feeding Chimney Swifts. A good start to the day!
Take care, Diane!
Hello Diane,
Lovely captures of the dove and the ducks, the geese are cute too.
I love your sunset, great sky capture. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great day and a happy weekend! PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.
Oh wonderful nature photos ~ Favorite? the Dove ~ hugs ^_^
Lots of prayers for you and thank you for praying me ~ lots of hugs ^_^
https://anartistreflects.com
Great photos Diane and enjoyed learning about your pond. We don't have a place like this to walk to close by and have to get in the car for our own favorites (that's an excellent word, favorite :)) I like that cube effect of the magnolia bloom. So many favorites of mine here too :) Thanks so much and have a happy weekend!
You have such nice water views. You took some great pictures of the beautiful inhabitants too. We have a park about 2 blocks from my house where we go walking, but no water. There is a creek downtown and a lake outside of town, but that takes some planning. Thanks for visiting my blog and for your kind words. Peace of the Lord be with you, my friend!
Your photos are wonderful. We have a park nearby that I enjoy the walk. However, lately with the extreme heat, I've begun to walk indoors on the treadmill at the gym.
Sunset is such a wonderful time of day. The light is beautiful and all the creatures are settling down for the night. A favourite time of day. ;-)
Such a lovely sunset. Do you still have your mini camper?
I walk around our community most every morning, with two of my neighbor friends. It's 1.2 miles and we do it in 20 minutes, unless we stop to pet a dog or catch up with another neighbor!! Not quite what you meant, I'm sure. We do have several wonderful parks with trails, but would have to drive to them. xo
Favourites is a good word :)
I did enjoy your photographs here, it's so nice to be outside and enjoying nature.
It's been very hot in the UK recently but I did take time to relax a while earlier today and enjoy my favourite beverage ... a cup of tea :)
Sending good wishes across the miles.
All the best Jan
Hi Diane! I’m so happy to see you out and around taking beautiful photos on your walks/hikes. It’s great to see you back in action with Lavender Dreams! Have a wonderful week ahead! John
Beautiful photos, Diane! I'm so glad to see you back out enjoying your favorite spots and capturing such lovely moments. The magnolia photo effect is wonderful!
I need to get out to enjoy walks when the sun is setting. I do better with getting out for sunrises. There are many places close to where I live that I go to. Enjoying your "favourites" at sunset is a lovely way to top of the day! Your favourites look like they could easily be my favourites too if I was walking that area.
In fact, I have a pond, and I love it! I like the light in August. Great shots!
/Irene
This was a joy to "walk along", dear Diane! We´re in the heart of the city of Braunschweig (it was my wish) so it takes a while or a car to get out. I rather pop in here :-) We have a balcony to enjoy Summer-evenings.
I sure enjoy my walks around here. Always something to see.
I love getting back to the computer and finding gems in the photos. Good work.
There is a lot of comfort in ducks and geese and familiar walks.
Amalia
xo
It makes me smile to hear you speak of favorites. The first year is so very hard. Grief still bursts in on the second (and third, fourth, tenth and more), but it is often gentler, softer, shorter lived as we reawaken to the good. You have shared much of it here. Big hugs.
Beautiful photos. I like the photo of the ducks very much. I wish you all the best!
What an amazing nature filled post, we adored visiting today!!! Happy Monday! 😻✨🐾✨😻
Enjoy each day. Wonderful scenes here of nature. I read with great pleasure.
Greetings by Heidrun
Dear Diane, I'm so happy that you're experiencing your favorites again. It's so important to do something for your soul and energy during and after tough times, and favorites are the best way to do that.
I hope the Canada goose with the broken wing isn't having too much trouble and is healing soon!
Your evening photos are beautiful. I also have a few favorite walking trails here—however, my favorite river is currently just a thin trickle right now due to the prolonged drought and heat. That hurts...
Hugs & all the best from Austria 🤗
Traude
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2026/08/sommerliche-tage-2026-ein-bunter.html
It is good to see you using the word favourite again. Wonderful photos. I love the soft clouds in the sunset sky photo. The feather pattern in the close-up photo is amazing. Happy Hiking!
-Soma
Sí, tengo varios lugares preciosos cerca de casa para visitar. Tu reportaje es precioso me ha encantado, tus fotos son todas favoritas para mí. Besos.
Post a Comment