Sing, sing a song, sing out loud, sing out strong
Sing of good things not bad, sing of happy not sad
This was a song made popular by the Carpenters in the early '70s.
Sing, sing a song, make it simple to last your whole life long,
Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear
just sing, sing a song
The Eastern Meadowlark sings his heart out from the tops of the trees!
And it always lightens your mood and brings joy to your heart!
Do you include music into your every day life? I lived in a house that was perfectly quiet for almost a year and then someone had to remind me to listen to music. What a difference it has made in my life. I started off listening to old country songs and then I added Christian music to the mix. I cry and laugh and sometimes I dance. I can't sing so I try not to burst into song! hahaha! Thanks John for reminding me to enjoy music again after so long. 💜
I'll include a link to the song below (if it works) or look it up on YouTube.
It's my 18 year blog anniversary.
I'm having a Giveaway HERE if you would like to enter!
Love, Diane 💜
I’m joining Saturday’s critters HERE!












39 comments:
Hello Diane,
This is a beautiful series of photos.
I can't sing, I don't have enough breath for that.
The eastern meadow bird is my favorite.
All the best, Irma
18 years is a long time. Dear
Blogfriend, I understand all things too well how much you value friends who have been there for you, just like in a correspondence. A bit of comfort now and then, or even just a few kind words, can be so precious. I understand, as I’m going through a crisis myself at the moment...
...I hope you continue to find lots and lots of joy in blogging.
Greetings by Heidrun ❤️
I love that Carpenters' song! And I also love seeing the Eastern Meadowlark! I haven't seen one in years. The over development of our land in central Florida pretty well wiped them out. I'm glad you got to see one. Congratulations on your 18 year blogaversary! It's amazing we've been at it for so long...it's 16 for me. We've all been on a special journey together. I'm glad your friend reminded you to enjoy music once again. What a blessing it is to have music in our hearts and lives. We start choir practice at church again next week after being off for the summer. I can't wait! I've missed the singing and the camaraderie of our fellow choir mates. My voice is getting a bit rusty! LOL. Have a lovely Labor Day weekend.
I remember that song very well. My husband used to listen to music all the time. Now I pretty much just have it on in the car. It can really brighten a dull mood though.
Hello Diane! Comments have been slow to appear on my blog and others. Hope it's operating well today!! Music: so important to me. I sing every day, mostly to myself, although Gary sings to me often and how I love that!! I am subscribed to YouTube music and listen to that while getting dressed, brushing my teeth, etc. Love scripture-based music the best but lots of other kinds, too.
I love that song by the Carpenters, Diane. Your bird photos are fantastic! Yes, keep singing even when you can't carry a tune.
I loved the Carpenters. They made quite an impression on me and their songs touched me in many ways when I was young.
Love your bird pictures (as always) and glad that you are able to be out and about and enjoying a bit of life. Happy Labor Day weekend- xo Diana
Those meadowlarks are stunners. Rick's the bigger of music fans in our world but I like it a lot too!
thank you my dear friend, i am sure i will be singing that song all day. we are music people. when we work, the house is quiet. when we are done working i almost always put on my itunes music. as for today's collection of birds, outstanding. i guess maybe it cooled off enough for you to go for a hike. have a great sunday and a wonderful ne week!!
Happy Blog Anniversary ~ 18 years ~ Wow! ~ Sweet post ~ glad you have music in your life ~ Wonderful photos and prayers and hugs for you dear friend ~ More hugs ^_^
Hello Diane,
You captured one of my many favorite birds, the Meadowlark.
They are beautiful birds.
Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great day and a happy weekend! PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.
Beautiful birds!
best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com
Happy 18th Blog Anniversary, sweet friend! Love and remember the song and I love your pretty bird photos today!
I loved the Carpenters! I have music going in my art studio/home office all the time, and listen to an extensive genre of music. It helps me relax and gets me in a creative mood too. I also listen to.music in my church office, where I play a wide variety of Christian music.styles. Have a blessed week, and enjoy the music, my friend!
Happy anniversary :-) Cute birds and you are right - I should listen to music more!
I always have something going - right now it is a rock station on the radio. Happy blog birthday! I am at 16 years, Diane. Hugs.
Dear Diane,
I was so lucky to hear the Eastern Meadowlarks singing on Antelope Island; it truly is a gift! The little birds have such beautiful voices, and at first, I didn't know where they came from, so I followed them. Then I saw that they were also pretty and photogenic—just like they are in your post. By the way, music also plays a big role in my/our life. My husband is the bigger music lover, but I also love listening to good music or dancing to it. It lifts my spirits, and that's important. I' so happy for you, that music came back in your life.
Thank you so much for your lovely comment, dearest friend—and congratulations on your blog anniversary! All the best from Austria 🤗
Traude
We recently updated our very old TV for a smart one. We added a sound bar too which allows access to Amazon and Alexa. I ask Alexa to play music. Recently it was The King Singers and then James Taylor. Unfortunately I'm susceptible to earworms and had snippets of different songs as earworms as a result.
I haven't heard this song in a long time. Wonderful post!
Happy Blogoversary from all of us! Such pretty birdies. I remember that song, Karen Carpenter had an amazing voice and was a terrific drummer too.
I do remember that song - I loved the Carpenters! Gorgeous photos of the meadow lark. I haven't seen one in a long time. Music really does add joy to life. I always listen to it when I'm driving. x K
I love the Carpenters, and now that song is playing in my mind. Beautiful! The meadow lark is singing his heart out. So lovely.
It is difficult to exist without music in the house. I love classical, and other easy listening music. I even lull myself to sleep with it. When I lived in Colorado, I would see the Western Meadowlark in the garden. Sadly, I have never seen the Eastern Meadowlark, even though I live in Tennessee now. You are so fortunate to see this bird and to hear it sing. Beautiful photos.
Oh, these meadowlark pictures are so pretty. And you even got one of her singing. She's got such a bright yellow coat of feathers. Yes, I've always loved music....usually the old songs, Temptations and such. I'm glad you are listening to music right now. It can be so uplifting.
I wish you a beautiful month of September, Diane.
I love that Carpenters song! Music really does make such a big difference in everyday life. Stunning pictures of the Meadowlark, and happy 18th blogaversary!
Hello Diane,
Yes, I am incorporating music into my daily life again now. Not for the past 2 years, because my husband turned out to be terminally ill. But I am enjoying music again. I think the photos of your bird in the trees are wonderful. There are so many beautiful birds in the world. And yes, some sing their highest songs, and that is beautiful to hear.
I wish you a wonderful new week in advance.
Warm regards, Helma
Hi Diane,
I listen to music each and everyday. I listen to classical music and instrumental. I love guitar, piano and cello. I found an artist that plays hymns on his guitar, it is beautiful.
xo
Lovely photographs here Diane.
Of course, I am now singing that song :)
All the best Jan
Congratulations Diane on 18 years of blogging! This is such an incredible milestone! Truly so many wonderful friends I have met through blogging. Your pictures are always an inspiration! Blessings to you dear friend!
Love the Carpenters . . . now that song is in my head, LOL
Oh my goodness Diane, your Meadowlark photos are awesome. I would be falling out of my shoes trying to get a few photos of that beautiful bird. Congratulations on your 18th year blog anniversary, that's quite an accomplishment. I agree, music is so important in our lives. I sometimes forget to listen to it and when I suddenly remember, I listen non-stop. Thank you for the link. I also want to thank you for your sweet comment on my Mary Oliver share. That was so very kind of you. Have a wonderful rest of the week my friend, hugs, Denise
I love that song by the Carpenters and I do love music. My husband always has music playing; I need to remember to put some on. It is uplifting.
Happy 18th blogging anniversary!!
I love those bird photos and I bet it sounds beautiful coming from that bird.
I am already humming it! The Eastern Meadowlark is gorgeous, such a bright spot of color.
Amalia
xo
Diane, what a beautiful way to celebrate your blog anniversary—with music and birdsong together! The Carpenters’ Sing is such a timeless reminder to keep joy in our hearts. Your Meadowlark photos are stunning, and I’m so glad music has found its way back into your days. Congrats on 18 wonderful years of blogging!
You go girl! Sing and dance as loud as you want! Ignore the neighbors peeking through the window wondering why they weren't invited to the party.
I sing while in the garden and hum while working in the house. It does make the load lighter.
I couldn't carry a tune if it was in a paper bag.
Jeannie@GetMeToTheCountry
Diane after my husband's demise I stopped listening to music It was years before I acidentally discovered the joy of music again I'm so glad you have too. It lifts your spirits like bird song does. Your Eastern Meadowlark photos are awesome. It is a beautiful bird.
Hugs
Sonjia
Me encanta lo que nos cuentas, las fotografías están preciosas, me gustan mucho. Besos.
Post a Comment