Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Thoughts for Tuesday

Thank you to everyone that greeted me on Mosaic Monday. What a fun event! I love making the collages and seeing the  photography of all those who join. I was number 101 when I linked to Mary’s Mosaic Monday HERE. I wanted to take part in something beautiful.

DSCN6982

I am going through a ‘rough patch’, partly because I’ve had my feelings hurt by a family member and mostly because I’ve been so tired since we made the trip to NC. WHEW…I don’t usually say that much! And because I am so very blessed, I don’t feel like I should ever have ‘rough patches’! And especially right now when I have company coming that I look forward to ALL year!

DSCN6983

This morning, one of the sweet ladies from Mosaic Monday wrote me an email to welcome me and she ended it with a quote. I’m sure she didn’t realize how much it would mean to me. I am quoting this in it’s entirety.  I hope it inspires you as much as it did me!

The gloom of the world is but a shadow.
Behind it, yet within reach, is joy.
There is radiance and glory in the darkness, could we but see, and to see, we have only to look.
I beseech you to look.
Life is so generous a giver, but we, judging its gifts by their covering, cast them away as ugly, or heavy, or hard.
Remove the covering, and you will find beneath ita living splendor, woven of love, by wisdom, with power.
Welcome it, grasp it, and you touch the angel's hand that bring it to you.
Everything we call a trial, a sorrow, or a duty, believe me, that angel's
hand is there; the gift is there, and the wonder of an overshadowing presence.
Out joys too: be not content with them as joys. They, too, conceal diviner gifts.
And so, at this time, I greet you.
Not quite as the world sends greetings,
but with profound esteem and with the prayer that for you now and forever,
the day breaks, and the shadows flee away.

----- Fra Giovanni 1513 A. D.

My new blogger buddy from Tales from Twisty Lane included the last sentence of this quote in her email to me,

'And so I greet you, not as the world sends greetings, but with profound esteem and the desire that for you, now and forever, the day breaks and the shadows flee away.'

HUGS to ALL of you that spread sunshine in your posts and emails! Blessings to you all!

DSCN6985

PS I am NOT reading the book I recommended by Sharyn McCrumb,The Devil Amongst the Lawyers. I started it and felt it was too dark and depressing to read right now! lol ( I may check it out again some other time! I do love this author!)  Any suggestions for something HAPPY..a fun summertime book?

PSS And if you want to lighten your mood, visit Cyndi this morning for  A little story for ladies !

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello! I am sorry that you are feeling a bit down at the moment, but everyone does at some time, so don't feel guilty! I love the beautiful words. It is true, I have had some awful times, when nothing seems like it will ever be the same again, and I felt like I would never feel happy or right again, but it all passes, and there is an Angel always there! I hope you feel much brighter soon! Suzie xxx

Cyndi said...

Diane, you are allowed to have a rough patch now and then...we all have them, no matter how blessed we are! Just enjoy the day and your company that's coming, and soon things will be back to normal.

I love all of your photos...they are always so beautiful!

XOXO,

Cyndi

Brenda Pruitt said...

Those family folks sure can get under your skin, can't they?
Brenda

Snap said...

Aren't you sweet! So many people have asked me where I got the quote and I refer them to the *whole*. Fra Giovanni was a most impressive, thoughtful person. And so once more "' I greet you, not as the world sends greetings, but with profound esteem and the desire that for you, now and forever, the day breaks and the shadows flee away."

Peace, Blessings and Wishing you well .....

Happy@Home said...

Sorry to hear that you are going through a rough patch. It would seem as though the quote came at a good time. I hope you will be able to catch up on sleep before your company comes. Maybe that will help you feel a bit better.
Take care of yourself.

Hugs to you.

Maya @ Completely Coastal said...

Lovely shots!!! I only read self help books, haha! They are so inspiring to me and entertaining too, like all of Chopra's books, and now I'm all into my latest discovery by Esther & Jerry Hick.

Best Wishes!

Janet said...

I'm sorry to hear you're feeling down. It happens to all of us at some point. But with lovely friends who send such inspiring quotes I'm sure your mood will bounce back soon.

Your photos are beautiful!

Shirley said...

Oh what a great post..I know that having she was brought to you in just the right time. It's wonderful how that happens! Ahhhh! The TV people..that is so cute..and so true. I love those great memories of youth. Thanks for your kind visits! I appreciate them very much. Enjoy your week - you have many many blessings!

Donna said...

Oh those darn family members really take a toll on us sometimes don't they! You know the saying, you can pick your friends but you can't pick your family. It's rough but luckily we have friends, even cyber friends, to help us and give us support when needed, right?

I usually play Scrabble or write on my color blog (and thanks for all your visits by the way) and that usually cheers me up when needed.

Let me know if I can help out at all :-)
Donna

Vee said...

What a sweet welcome! I'm sorry that you've been in a rough place, but I have every confidence that you will soon find your way through. Family critics are some of the worst kind. ;> No, never read a depressing book when feeling low. Good call. A happy book? Yes, what about an Anne George mystery? She writes about two sisters from the South and those gals can have me laughing every time. Very funny books!

It's Just Dottie said...

I just love your cloud pictures. They make my heart sing. You know I have lived long enough to know you can not please everyone all the time and that is OK.
I try is do my best.
Dottie

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Seems like God "sends" little bits and piece of encouragement when we need and thru blogland :)
Your mosaic is so cool! I need to learn that.
Chin Up!!!
Warmly,
Deb :)

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Diane,

Sorry you are going through a rough patch at the moment ... isn't it nice when you have an encouraging message that helps you.
Sending hugs you way and I hope that brighter days will be ahead for you.

Hugs
Carolyn

Lallee said...

I just came over to tell you to check my post today. I'm sorry you've had a rough patch. You brought sunshine to me recently, and I wish the same for you. Enjoy your company!

Have you ever read the Miss Julia series by Ann B. Ross? I have a copy of Miss Julia Hits the Road. I would LOVE to send it to you if you like. Just let me know.

Hugs,
Lallee
PS Your mosaics were beautiful scenery.

JKW said...

I totally understand. I raised my children to respect their grandmothers no matter what. One of my children does, the other allows her daughter to be belligerent, teenagers can be hurtful, but must be always respectful! The best books I've finished is Louise Penny's mystery series and can't wait for the next. Cannot say enough about the writing and the characters in her Three Pines stories. Blessings, Janet