I spent the summer complaining. I knew I shouldn't but I did it anyway. It was too hot to hike. I had a heat rash that made it miserable to even be outside. Whine...whine...whine! hahaha!
But John took me for some evening drives to my favorite trailheads.
And each and every one gave me such a great feeling. And of course we saw things every time we got out in nature. I had to be good and not wear my hiking shoes so I would not be tempted to get out of the car and hike!
The weather is changing. I'm improving. So I am excited about this next chapter of my life.
So here's a couple of trailheads and what we saw.
Halpata Tastanaki Preserve (hwy 200) trailhead
Of course I got out just to 'look' down the trail.
And I spotted this little lizard on the fence post.
He was happy to be photographed.
Another evening we drove to Shangri La trailhead and campground.
This tree was full of bluebirds darting around like flycatchers.
But they wouldn't stand still!
So I caught a couple on the fly!
Do you ever complain?
Do you have trouble 'standing still'?
I DO!
Love, Diane 💜
I’m joining Saturday’s critters HERE!

















31 comments:
...I stopped complaining years ago, because no one ever listened! Keep moving and spread your wings, Diane.
Me? Complain? HAHAHA....We call it by a different name here-it sounds a LOT like WITCHING about something. lol. I am so glad. you have a new lease on life and that you have a wonderful companion to spend time with enjoying nature. Hugs and love- Diana
A beautiful series of photos, Diane.
We’re getting warm weather again next week, temperatures could rise above 25 degrees Celsius, something we’ve truly never experienced before in late September.
In the south of the country, it might even reach 30 degrees.
The photo of the lizard is a gem.
All the best, Irma
I try not to complain, Diane, because life is too short. Loved you amazing photos, especially of the birds in flight. Awesome!
I TRY not to complain. But I do! And I'm delighted that you found a way to be in nature and take lovely photos, even without your hiking shoes and in the heat!
We all have our moments. I complain about cold weather and we have little of it. Love your birdie pics.
It was too hot here in the summer and Zi only managed to take the dog out for a short walk early in the morning before the heat got up. Sleeping was unbearable, hopefully we should have air con in the new year
A very happy post, Diane!! The weather is a bit cooler here today and through the weekend. We aren't done with the 90s, but less humidity is always welcome! Happy hiking!! xo
We all complain sometimes. I'm glad you're getting out to hike now that the weather is cooler. Lovely birds in action shots.
I laughed so hard when I read your question, Do you ever complain? Yes, all the time!!!! What a nice outing you had and that photo of the lizard is exceptional.
Don't feel bad. I seem to do nothing but whine anymore. At least you still got out and saw some of nature. Enjoy the cooler temps. You'll be out there on the trails again soon
I think complaining is human nature. Just think of the Israelites in the wilderness, and how they constantly complained to Moses. The good thing is that you are a faithful woman, and find ways to overcome that. John is a good friend to be there for you. BTW, I love that picture you took of that lizard. We have similar one in Texas, but they're green. Shalom, my friend!
Hello Diane,
I hope you are feeling better now, recovering from the heat.
Your sky and trail images are beautiful.
Love the cute bluebirds and the lizard.
Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great day and a happy weekend!
Great photos, Diane! Glad to hear you're feeling better and that cooler hiking weather is finally around the corner. That little lizard is adorable.
It so good to get outside!
The lizard is cool :)
Hugs,
Irene
The lizard was a very nice find. It exudes personality somehow with an attitude that I can't imagine ever complaining. :)
Hi Diane ~ it' is good to 'vent' and let out the negative energy as long as you don;t hurt anyone with your frustration ~
Great photos ~ Glad you are out and about and taking great photos ~ Hugs and prayers ~ ^_^
https://anartistreflects.com
Hopefully the rash will disappear once the temperature starts to cool off. I complain too much specially to myself. Things are looking good for you, Diane. Hugs.
We've been out of town but what a delight to come home to 58 degrees this morning!!!! I wore warmer clothing to ride bikes after breakfast!!
I'm so glad John's been able to visit and you have taken him to some of your favorite places. I hope that heat rash is gone and that you are feeling wonderful. You sound good!
I would complain a lot if I had to let go of the heat. Wait till it´s getting cold, you might hear me all the way ;-)
My back kills me, I moan a lot.... To better times, hugs
I really liked this. “A Plan B summer” says it so well. Sometimes we can’t do the thing we really want to do, but there can still be so much to notice and enjoy along the way.
And I love that John took you out to your favorite trailheads anyway. That feels like such a kind way of saying, “I know what you’re missing.”
O and thank you for you comment on my blog. Super lief. xxx
Beautiful pictures, the sun in Florida shines brighter.
Complain? 😂
May
Aww we are only human and I'm sure we all have a complain or moan from time to time!
That lizard posed very nicely for you and nice to see the birds in flight.
Enjoy your September days, hard to believe October is knocking on the door!
All the best Jan
Your photos are lovely. It did sound way to hot to go hiking. Hope things cool down for you. We had our first frost already.
Those are all wonderful photos but that lizard takes the prize!!!
Gorgeous captures!
It’s important to get things off your chest. And in this heat? I’m short of breath as it is, so we’ll stay indoors where it’s cooler… before anything happens. Of course, there are limitations as you get older.
To you, my dear blog friend, I wish you all the very best.
Greetings by Heidrun ❤️
I'm pretty sure we all complained this summer - boy was it hot!! Lovely lizard enjoying the sun though!
Wren x
Sí, también me suelo quejar algunas veces jajaja. Me encantó el lagarto. Muchos besos.
Beautiful photos, especially the lizard shot.
Glad the weather’s shifting so you can get back to your hikes!
Happy Wednesday, Diane!
Number 3 photo from the bottom of the bird in flight is very good.
Post a Comment