Saturday, September 12, 2026

Once Upon a Time....


Once upon a time there was a prince who wanted to marry a princess, but she would have to be a real princess. He travelled all over the world to find one, but nowhere could he get what he wanted. There were princesses enough but it was difficult to find out whether they were real ones.

"The Princess and the Pea" byHans Christian Andersen



Did you ever imagine yourself in a fairy tale? I have actually written a few fairy tales over the years and should take them out and dust them off. Of course I should shake up my creative juices and write or sketch or paint or draw. But I think the time will come when I feel artistic or creative and in the meantime, I will write! I will BLOG! And that makes me happy.


And driving out to Halpata Tastanaki Preserve makes me incredibly happy and I always find something to blog about.


So how did the white horse turn into a unicorn in my imagination? 


I saved an image of a horn and then added it to my horse photo in Photoscape. Easy peasy!


I got to hear 'the rest of the story' from the trainer of these two beautiful horses. The dark horse BIT the white horse. Or as the trainer said, 'SHE BIT HIM!' So she had her hands full trying to get control of these two fairy tale creatures.


Have you enjoyed any fairy tales this week? Maybe we should all pull out our story books and spend some time in fairyland!

Sorry about the background color on my text. 

Sometimes creating a blog post is even a creative challenge! hahaha! 

AND the winner of my blog anniversary giveaway is Jeanie from The Marmalade Gypsy. I'm sending you a gift certificate for something fun on Amazon. She and I started our friendship because of our love of books and continued because of our love of LIFE! Thanks Jeanie for adding so much joy to my life over the years. We've shared our love of life AND blogging! 

Love, Diane 💜

I’m joining Saturday’s critters HERE!


17 comments:

Villrose said...

Meeting an unicorn is not bad! I was as a child (and still am) The princess on the pea.
This sounds familiar. But I manage to blog ant take a lot of shots ervery week, so I'm happy with that. Hugs,
Irene

Martha Jane Orlando said...

I so enjoyed the whimsy and fun here today, Diane. Blessings!

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I love your fairy tale. Maybe we need more fairy tales in our lives.

Brian's Home Blog said...

I do like your unicorn, it's a beautiful critter!

The Rev. Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

Hi Diane! I love that picture you photoshopped of the unicorn at a distance! As a former educator, father, and now Papa, I've read all genres of children's literature. I've never written fairytales like you, but have written and illustrated books in the past. Like you too, I've stored them and have never had them published. I can imagine you writing a new fairytale with those two horses you met as the main characters. Think about it. Blessings, my friend.

DeniseinVA said...

Your unicorn is adorable Diane, as is the sight you shared with us. I love horses (and unicorns). I hope you share some of your stories. Congrats to Jeanie on your giveaway. She's a lovely lady and I enjoy visiting her too. Happy weekend! Hugs, Denise

eileeninmd said...

Hello, Diane
I can imagine handling the tow horses together, especially if one of the horses likes to bite. They are pretty horses and I love how you created the unicorn. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great day and a happy weekend! PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

Shiju Sugunan said...

Haha, the creative challenge of blogging is so real! Such a lovely post, Diane. Big congratulations to Jeanie, and thank you for sharing your love of books and life with us!

John's Island said...

Hi Diane – Thanks for sharing your fairy tale. We need more of this! Very nice photo work! Thanks for sharing and have a great weekend. Hugs! John

Irma said...

Hello Diane,
Beautiful photos of the horses, and I love fairy tales.
I wish you a lovely weekend.
All the best, Irma

carol l mck said...

Diane ~ love your 'Unicorn' ~ delightful along with your post and photos ~ I had a bumper sticker many years ago that read I BRAKE FOR UNICORNS ~ Lot of hugs and prayers and dove sent me a message for sure ~ ^_^

Marit said...

Dear Diane,
I grew up with the fairy tale about the Princess and the Pea. My father had three thick volumes containing all the fairy tales Hans Christian Andersen wrote.

Haha, the unicorn turned out really well.

Hugs, Marit

RedPat said...

This is a fun post, Diane. Hugs!

Lowcarb team member said...

I did enjoy your post Diane.
Whimsical. magical and fun... and I do like horses!
Many congrats to Jeannie on winning the giveaway.

My good wishes.

All the best Jan

Terri D said...

Congrats to Jeanie!! How fun!! I love your 'unicorn' and seeing the horses would have brought me such joy! Wishing you a lovely weekend! xo

Pamela M. Steiner said...

You and I were both in fairyland/fantasy land this week. I also kind of went down the rabbit hole and wandered around for a while. I love your unicorn! He's beautiful! And I do hope the trainer could get her horses under control. It's a bit unnerving to have wild unicorns running loose in the woods! LOL. Wow, what an adventure!! Thanks for sharing. Blogger is still not updating posts from our friends, so I'm having a hard time keeping up with everyone. I sure hope they fix it soon.

Debbie said...

congrats to dear jeanie, how fun for her, i follow her as well!! the white horse is a beauty and a rare sight in these parts. i am not much of a writer but i do LOVE to create things (as you know). and i have to agree, do what you enjoy at the time, being creative comes in stages and when you are not in that stage, you will not enjoy it!! have a wonderful sunday!!