Wednesday, November 2, 2022

10...9...8...7...


 I parked at the gate on hwy 484 to hike the Florida Trails to the top of Bluebird of Happiness Hill to watch a rocket launch from Kennedy Space Center here in Florida. I live in the center of the state but I can still see the launches if the weather conditions are good. 


And they were perfect!


There wasn't a cloud in the sky and I knew what direction to focus on.


6...5...4...3...2...1


It was exciting and exhilarating to watch this marvel.


A quote from the website HERE "A SpaceX Falcon Heavy rocket will launch the USSF-44 mission for the U.S. Space Force. The mission is expected to deploy two spacecraft payloads directly into geosynchronous orbit, one of which is the TETRA 1 microsatellite."


I did a contrast in PhotoScape to be able to see a different view.

And a good website for seeing more of the photos taken on the site is HERE.


Taken on the way back down the hill.

It was an incredible way to start my day.


The sky was perfectly clear except for this neat little clouds to the North. 

I saw a lot of neat things in nature on my hike too.


Flycatcher


I took all of these photos. (you can barely see the clouds from the launch in the right side of the photo)

Another beautiful day in Florida! I wonder if today will have some excitement in it....
you just never know until you get out in nature and explore!

Enjoy your day! 🚀

23 comments:

Tom said...

...keep looking up.

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Wow! Congratulations!
Those are great photos of a thrilling event.

HWIT BLOGG said...

Some great photos! Always nice visiting your beautiful blog :)
Titti

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

Congrats! So glad you got to see it. For me, I like my feet firmly planted on the ground unless I'm on a horse! LOL!

Linda said...

You see such amazing things!!!!

happyone said...

Amazing photos.

Vee said...

My outing was much different from yours. I was in an apple orchard high on a ridge where the wind was so brrrrisk that I thought I'd freeze. I had to cry uncle and head out. I have a few apples, though. 🍎

Your day was most interesting. You are among the few who could ever see such a sight. The birds had a nice view as well, You're right! In this life we never know what adventure awaits.

Cloudia said...

What a pleasure. You showed the flowers in the shadow of the tree very well. Thank you

Lowcarb team member said...

Good to see your photographs.

All the best Jan

Terri D said...

Gosh, I haven't gone out to watch a blast-off in years. Thanks for sharing! We can usually see them from here, too, but one does have to go outside and look!! Happy hiking!! xo

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

That's an exciting thing to witness! If you didn't know what it was, you might be a little freaked out! Great shots - love the flycatcher and pretty flowers, too. x K

BeachGypsy said...

great pictures, and my favorite is the bird one! Enjoying the nice sunny Fall days here...no humidity, what a nice welcome change! November kind of sneaked in on us!! Gosh, the holidays will be here soon. Hugs!

Ann said...

How cool to watch something like that.

Ann said...

Wow, how cool to watch something like that.

MadSnapper said...

that was a wow moment for sure as is the header shot. that photo gets double wows from me. on a clear day it can be seen from our front yard, its not all that far from here as the birds fly

Irma said...

I think it would be great to watch the rocket launch from Kennedy Space Center.
You could still see the clouds clearly.
Greetings Irma

Jeanie said...

Those vapor trails are art in themselves! How fun to see that!

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

How exciting it is to be able to see a rocket launch from the Kennedy center. I enjoyed looking at the photos of it. I hope you have a nice weekend Diane.

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

It's so nice to be able to see that rocket launch. I enjoyed looking at your photos. Wishing you a nice weekend Diane.

Carla from The River said...

My son Sam would love to ride with you and watch a launch. Thank you for sharing. It honestly is amazing!! :-)

Su-sieee! Mac said...

Hi, Diane, I’m so glad I came visiting today. Knowing that you can see launches from that wonderfully named hill thrills me. Wow!

It's me said...

Beautiful…happy weekend love love love from me and Leaf 🍀💗🐾🍀

Debbie said...

i named my bike the bluebird of happiness!! any day that brings you joy, is a great day. i enjoyed the images you shared!!