Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Happy Days !

We always look forward to being back in Florida! We LOVE the mountains of NC, too but there's just something about all of this Florida sunshine and being close to the ocean that thrills me through and through!

We don't live right on the coast....but it's only 45 minutes away!

I just changed my banner and a few of my pics to update my blog!

And I came across the original photo that my hubby took of me on my birthday this year.

DSCN3549LDtext

The tiny print he added says, "shoes off, head down, bag in hand" ! It's my wallpaper on this computer and I love it! I spent my birthday this year on Jekyll Island. I LOVE the beach! I could become a 'beach bum'! lol

DSCN4364

I hope you're having a fabulous day! After getting stocked up on groceries....I went to my favorite thrift store! I'll take pics of my finds soon!

ENJOY YOUR DAY! I'm loving all the blogs I'm visiting...it will take a few days to get caught up though! 

DSCN3943

sun I'm wishing you a day of happiness...with some sunshine! sun

13 comments:

Unknown said...

G'day ~ We are a toasty 57 here w/gentle breeze, robin egg blue skies.

Love your shells ...

Have a beautiful day ~
TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

JG said...

It's cloudy here today. But last night my DH & I attended the Springfield Public Forum lecture and had the wonderful opportunity to listen to Cory Booker, Mayor of Newark, NJ. Wow!

~Laurie~ said...

OH, I must say that I am envious - not jealous - just envious. I, too, love the beach. I grew up in Massachusetts - not far from the coast. I took the beach for granted back then. (Also, the sea glass!) Now, I live well inland (West TX) and look forward to our summers going back to Maine. I have a wind chime in our front yard that sounds like the ring of buoys - I close my eyes somedays and dream of being at the ocean. SO....I'm loving your posts about Florida!! And your header remind me so much of myself - head down and bag in hand. I still collect sea glass, but it is not as prevalent these days - everything is plastic! Do you happen to see any sea glass these days??

Enjoy the day - somehow I know you will!

Boo-Bah AKA Iris said...

Your pictures are beautiful as always. Love the sand dollars.
Pretty kitchen too.

Ruth Welter said...

Hi LD, ow how wonderful to be in Florida....I would love to head in that direction myself after the holidays. I agree with you, nothing beats the sunshine and the warmth it brings you on the inside.

Ruth

Freckled Hen said...

I love that picture of you on the beach...isn't it nice to roam the shore when there are no people around? I love being on the beach in the early morning hours, it always puts a perfect day into place.

Creations by Marie Antoinette and Edie Marie said...

Love the new look and love those beautiful seashells.
Pop on over to my place.I am having a give away to celebrate my return to blogland and the holidays.
May God bless,
XXOO Marie Antionette

Donnie said...

You'll have to let me know which beach you go to from here. We lived in the RV over in Daytona Beach for 5 winters and loved that but they have restricted so much beach area that it got old. Do you go the Gulf? Glad you're getting settled in.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

You lucky girl to be so close to the beach.

Lila Rostenberg said...

Enjoy your sunshine and beach.
Love the sand dollars.

Looking forward to seeing the trift store goodies!

Cyndi said...

I really like that photo of you, Diane, and it makes a great header for your blog!

XOXO,

Cyndi

Unknown said...

I just returned to NC from Pensacola, FL. That was my hometown for 37 years. We moved to Mooresville, NC in 97. I went back for several days to visit my sisters and their families. I had a wonderful time while there, but still choose to stay in NC and just visit FL. I guess growing up and going to the beaches so much, I just like the mountains more in my older age! I'm glad you are happy back in FL. Enjoy it!

Pat Winter Gatherings said...

LOve Love Love the photo of you beach combing!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have fun, I'm with you in spirit!
Smiles,Pat