Friday, September 23, 2022

A really FUN post with a message at the end!

 
It's not exactly Fall weather here in Florida but there is a change in the air. The temps are 'less hot' and it's a little drier. I even had a breeze on one of my hikes this week! 

So it's time! (message at the end)


I've had some really fun sightings this week.

As much as I love just being out in nature, it sure makes it better when I see something out of the ordinary.


Don't you love this turtle?

He was at Halpata Tastanaki Preserve at the Pruitt trailhead.


I think it's a box turtle. It was about 6 or 7 inches long and had the most intricate markings on it's shell.


I actually talked to it. The sun had come out and it was getting HOT so I told it to wait up and let me get in the shade of the tree to take some pics.


How nice to have a turtle that will wait on you! lol

This deer was eating tender leaves on the plants near the trail and it stopped to look at me.


It didn't really talk to me but I used my imagination. 


I don't often get a good photo of a Swallow in flight either but this one was right over my head.


Tree swallow


 (I got a new frame for my license plate. I put red smileys to hide the info)


And for my message....I'm going to step away from the computer for a couple of weeks. I have things I need to do and places I want to go. Hopefully I'll get more 'mud on the tars' and visit some trails I haven't been to in awhile.


I'll take lots of photos and have some stories to share when I get back. 

Have some FUN while I'm gone and get out in nature when you can!


See you later alligator! Be back in a bit!

Adventure Awaits! 🚗

I’m joining Saturday’s critters HERE

and I’d Rather B Birdin’.   

28 comments:

Tom said...

...I love the turtles, I rarely see them here.

Debbie said...

what a cute turtle...looking a bit curious. i don't usually see them with their neck so far extended and i have seen a lot of box turtles but these markings are so unusual!! beautiful deer...another curious creature!!

enjoy your time away!!

MadSnapper said...

that is fun fine looking turtle, love the markings. they are different from what I have seen in the past. Enjoy your Adventures, stay safe and hope the weather cooperates. 5 days from now we may be starting at a hurricane, so watch the weather

Lea said...

Great photos! Love the Turtle!
Have fun!

Teresa said...

Siempre es bonito pasear contigo. Deseo que lo pases bien y disfruta, espero que regreses con cosas bonitas. Un abrazo.

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

What lovely sightings! And I'm chuckling at your comment about wanting to put more mud on your tars. Good for you. Happy adventures, and we'll watch for you when you get back to your blog. Cheerio, Diane!

BeachGypsy said...

HAPPY TRAILS, Diane!! Be safe!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Love the cute turtle, the deer and the sweet swallow. Beautiful photos.
I will be away from my computer for a week too. Enjoy your break. Take care, enjoy your weekend!

Penny Carlson said...

Enjoy your time away...

Red Rose Alley said...

Pretty license plate with the oranges. The design on the turtle's shell is unusual, so much detail in it. And the deer is always a beautiful sight. I just saw two trotting in my neighbor's yard. When I got out the camera, she slowly headed for the side of her house, and I didn't get a pic. Have a good break, Diane. Hope you see some surprises along the way. ; )

~Sheri

Billy Blue Eyes said...

What a cute turtle, I never knew they had colouring like that. Good shot with the swallow. Have fun on you time away but don't forget to show us your travels

Jeanie said...

FABULOUS turtle! Oh, lucky you having a bit of a break. I hope you have a marvelous time and share it all with us when you return!

Vee said...

Keep having fun!

Terri D said...

I hope one of these days your travels will bring you to the Tenoroc Public Use Area! I work mornings M-F!! Just a suggestion! We have 26 miles of hiking trails! I will miss your posts and wonderful photos but look forward to seeing where you go and what you find!! xo

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

The turtle was a nice change and a nice surprise. So considerate of the turtle to wait for you to take your shots.. Love the pic of the bird soaring in the sky too.

Ann said...

What a great looking turtle
Have a wonderful adventure and we'll see you when you get back.

Penelope Notes said...

The markings on the turtle are a work of art and a touch hieroglyphic!

Breathtaking said...

Hello Diane :=)

The turtle has beautiful markings on its shell. Have a great adventure and share your finding with us on your return.
Stay safe and enjoy your time away.

RedPat said...

That is a handsome turtle.
Have fun wherever you are going.

Villrose said...

What a beautiful turtle to spot!

Shiju Sugunan said...

Love the turtle shots! Enjoy your travel, looking forward to the stories and pics.

Rostrose said...

Haha dear Diane,
some people dance with wolves, you talk to turtles and deer :-D The turtle is really a beautiful specimen, such a pretty pattern, it looks like exotic characters on an ancient scroll.
So you're going on an adventure tour!? Then I wish you a wonderful blog break and hope you'll return healthy and filled with beautiful stories and great pictures.
Hugs and all the best,
Traude
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2022/09/strudlhofstiege-gartenpalais.html

Barbara said...

"After while, crocodile!" Enjoy your travels and crossing items off your "To Do List."

Linda said...

Turtle has neat markings, quite different from our box turtles.

Yvonne said...

Love the turtle photos. Happy Vacation!

Wally said...

I thought it was just my imagination so it's nice to have you confirm there WAS a difference in the air the other day!

All of your photographs are terrific and a great reminder that we never know what we might find when we go outside.

Have a great adventure! See you when you return.

(Keep a weather eye out if you're traveling in Florida this week!)

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Love the turtle photos! so cute. And so is the alligator and the tree swallow! I never see those. Oh, that deer is so cute...yep, he's talking about you! I can tell. So I hope wherever you have gone is away from the hurricane! Praying for you to be safe!! Take care and we'll see you when you get back.

eileeninmd said...

PS, thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, Have a happy new week !