Friday, August 21, 2020

Thank you Marion County Fire Rescue!


I interrupt all regularly scheduled blogging, housework and putting away of groceries to give a 

BIG THANK YOU 

to the Marion County Fire and Rescue.


The crew that came to my rescue in the parking lot of Walmart this morning!


I was walking out of Walmart at 10 am today with a buggy full or groceries and stopped before I got to my car.

I park in the 'back forty' of the parking lot (around the side of the building) because it's easier to get out of those spaces and I don't mind the exercise. My car was all by itself, the store wasn't very busy today. BUT, I looked ahead and saw a man right next to the driver's door of my car. And to add to my distress, he appeared to be undressing.

I'll skip to the end here and tell you what I think was happening in retrospect. I think it was a working man that was taking his shirt off to cool down and his truck was near by. But I didn't know what to think when I first looked at my car....all by it's lonesome with a man next to it pulling off clothing articles. So I stopped in my tracks. At the VERY same time, the Fire and Rescue truck pulled up and stopped and 2 young men got out. So I walked over to them and told them I wasn't comfortable walking to my car because someone was standing next to it. So they immediately said they would walk with me. The man didn't even walk away when he saw us approaching. I popped the trunk and those 2 firemen unloaded my groceries for me and helped me get them tucked away in the trunk....cold items in the insulated bag and all! 


What would I have done if they hadn't been there? Well, I guess I could have gone back inside the store and asked for assistance. But how wonderful to have those nice young men come to my rescue, without a moment's hesitation. 


I even joked with them when I was thanking them and told them it was nice to have bodyguards and I would blog about them! So here I am, sharing an uplifting human experience. I'm not saying I was ever in harm's way. I said I felt uncomfortable. It's OK to speak up and ask for help when you need it. There was no need to say anything to the man that was standing by my car. I'm sure he meant no harm. 

 I'm very glad the Marion County Fire and Rescue men and women are ready and willing to give assistance whenever it's needed....

with a big dose of KINDNESS!


(Wildflowers seen on the Florida Trails this week.)

So much to be thankful for every day of the week!




31 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

The timing was great for the 2 fire-rescue workers to show up, I am glad they could help you to feel more comfortable going to your car. Your wildflowers are pretty! Enjoy your day, happy weekend!

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Bravo to Fire & Rescue!
What a scare that must have been for you.
It is better to be safe, than sorry situation. I would have done the same.

Martha said...

So glad they were there to help you out. I definitely wouldn't have walked there alone either, better safe than sorry. Your photos are all gorgeous, as always. That was enough excitement for me today lol, I can imagine for you too! Hope the rest of the day is nice and relaxing :)

Nancy's Notes said...

Oh my goodness, that had to have be scary. Those were two angels that showed up at the right time! Glad you are okay. Love your photographs, they are just so beautiful, clear and perfect!

Arlene G said...

Oh Wow..what a story. I would have been upset as well. When I saw the heading I was afraid you had fallen while walking. ( Canyou tell that is my big fear??) So glad all ended okay.

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Thankful all is well with you! The timing was,indeed, fortuitous! God is good to us in so many ways. . .and when we least expect it! Have a wonderful weekend and hoping the young men do as well!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

What a happy ending!

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Wise move on your part.

Just doing their duty, on their part.

Not taking anything away from what they did, of course!

It just points up, how our Protectors, are always on duty. To protect us.

Even in this day and age, of so much hate, spewed at many of our Protectors.

Gentle hugs...
🐈 🐈 🐈

Carla from The River said...

Thank you for sharing. I am glad you are alright. I am thankful for the helpful young men.
Our world is still full of good, even though so many want us to think different.
I got a little surprise in my flower shack. My neighbors left me a box full of vases and a note that said, "Thank you for having flowers for our neighborhood."
xx oo
Thank you so much for sharing your story.
Carla

Debbie said...

we do have so much to be thankful for, don't we!! the firemen who came to our assistance when we really needed them were so kind also. i tried to thank all of them but it was not possible...but they surely are heroes under the most demanding circumstances!! and now that it is all over and i can look back in a different way, they were pretty easy on the eyes also!! i picked a few that would be awesome for a calendar!! wink...wink!!

i am writing a letter, so i can thank them personally!! the flowers are so pretty, happy friday!!

and walmart wasn't crowded on a friday??? not around here!!

Tom said...

...what a boring life that we live, we order our groceries online and and drive up to the pickup stop. I think that we will continue!

Lynn said...

Very nice!!! I truly believe we should gratefully accept all the help we can get-have a great weekend:@)

Vee said...

Perfect timing! One can't be too careful these days.

dq said...

Isn't it wonderful that strangers are actually kind! Isn't it wonderful that strangers can help us feel comfortable around other strangers who make us uncomfortable? I loved this read!

Lovely flowers too! Glad you didn't post a pic of the undressing man. Ya, flowers are best.

Susie said...

Diane, I was glad to read that you would have gone back in the store ask for an assist. Our world is kind of crazy any more, can't take a chance. God bless our fire fighters and all who serve. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Ann said...

Well those knights in shining armour came along at the right time. I think I would have been a little uncomfortable as well. I'm not sure what I would have done.

Sandy said...

I am glad they pulled up when they did. I tend to park a long ways out often and that is the downside to that.

happyone said...

How nice that they were there just when you needed them. God was watching over you!!

Terri D said...

My goodness, I would have been leary of approaching my car in that situation! Thank goodness those firefighters were there and willingly came to your rescue!! Love the pictures too!

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

Well, that was perfect timing. So glad it all worked out. The good Lord sent his earthly angels to lend a hand. Thanks for blogging about it, a lovely heart warming story.

Wishing you a pleasant weekend, Diane. Stay safe and cool.
Brenda xo

Lowcarb team member said...

What perfect timing ...
I'm so pleased they could help you to feel more comfortable going to your car.

All the best Jan

Barbara said...

Thank the Lord for Marion County Fire and Rescue! I am so glad the Lord provided them at exactly the right time when you needed them. What an experience!!

Like you, I prefer to park out farther away for the sake of the exercise. Wow. Thanks for sharing your story. I am glad it ended well! You most definitely did the right thing!

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Aw! Such a nice story! My SIL is one of those guys here in WA. True every day heroes! Glad you had help - I would have been a little nervous, too....xx Karen

The Feminine Energy said...

No, my friend, you *can't* "be sure" that man meant you no harm! In my eyes you did the sensible & proper thing by asking for assistance. Do it again, if the incident ever happens your way again. Love, Andrea xoxo

Jeanie said...

Thank you, bodyguards! You did the right, smart thing and good for you, thinking of it and lucky to have them there!

Jeannie said...

Oh my goodness! We all seem to be on high alert because so many things are changing rapidly in our world. You handled it politely without causing a scene. All three of my sons are big and I have always taught them to be aware of intimidating women in vulnerable situations - smile, step back, and watch their body language. Always be a gentleman. Chivalry is not dead!
Jeannie@GetMeToTheCountry

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Oh, Diane, I am so glad you mentioned this post to me. I didn't see it yesterday as I was busy all day. Wow, what a blessing that those Firemen were nearby just when you needed them most! Praise God for our first responders! Even IF the man was perfectly harmless, you felt uncomfortable and you did exactly what you should have done. And if they hadn't have been there, then yes, we should go back inside the store and ask for assistance. What a blessing to have the help you needed! God is good! And this is a good lesson for all of us to be aware of our surroundings, especially when we are alone. Have a blessed day, and Praise God!

Inger said...

Firemen are HEROES! All of them and now there are not enough of them here in California. Something that scares me more than even thinking about the fires

I'm so glad they were there for you when you needed them.

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

When we are alone, it can be frightening to come upon such a situation. So glad you had knights in shining armor come to your rescue.

Teresa said...

Me alegra que todo terminó bien. Las fotografías están muy bien. Besos.

Lorrie said...

What kind men! Feeling uncomfortable is a warning sign and shouldn't be ignored, even if the situation was perfectly harmless.