Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Hike #72 features the Long-tailed Skipper

It’s always fun to see something on a hike that you have to come home and try to identify!

longtailedskipperIMG_0802

Long-tailed Skipper

He was so unique and beautiful with the softest blue body.

horsetrailIMG_0811

I walked down the horse trail since there were no horses out today!

treeIMG_0813

And saw this big tree with such a dark twisted trunk.

pineIMG_0812

Some Christmas colors up in the pine needles too.

deerIMG_0805

I saw a deer on this hike.

deercropIMG_0805

But it’s hard to get a good photo.

hawkIMG_0820

When I came back in the open and looked up I spotted a hawk.

hawkairplaneIMG_0821

And then got a photo of the hawk AND an airplane.

Lots of neat sightings today!

Better charge our camera batteries when we get home!!!

Are you having fun hiking with me? Ready to go AGAIN?

20 comments:

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

I AM having fun hiking with you and am ready to go again any time you are!

Arlene G said...

Got your Christmas card yesterday Diane...hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas!

MadSnapper said...

I am ready to go anytime. love, love the twisted tree. and the plane that is smaller than a bird. ha ha

bj said...

The twisted, dark tree really caught my eye...
Make a pot of her Potato Soup...with cream cheese in it, it is sooo good.

Ellen D. said...

Thanks for sharing these beautiful hikes! So jealous! You do a great job of taking us along!!

Sandy said...

I am not kidding . I love your hikes.

Lowcarb team member said...

What a lovely hike from the comfort of my chair!
Loved seeing your photographs.

All the best Jan

Inger said...

I love to go on hikes with you. If not for my blogger friends, I would have had no idea of how beautiful it is in Florida. You have so many gorgeous trees, interesting critters of all kinds, so I appreciate all the pictures. And that last one is such a great shot!

Terri D said...

Yes, I do enjoy hiking with you!!

Carla from The River said...

The Skipper is so unique. I have never seen anything like it. I like the blue color. And yes, I love hiking with you.
xx oo
Carla

Out on the prairie said...

I envy your warm

Ann Thompson said...

That skipper 8s pretty. You always see good stuff on your hikes

happyone said...

You got some fantastic shots on this hike.
Yes, I'm enjoying hiking along with you. Maybe some day we can take a hike together!! : )

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

Looks like you're really enjoying the beautiful weather and scenery! We have seen a lot of hawks around here lately and the other day I spotted a coyote . . . eeek! I prefer to stay far away from those!

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

It's always fun to go hiking with you, Diane. I miss going on hikes with my late beloved, so I get to do it with you.

Vee said...

I do always enjoy hiking along with you. 👍🏼

Jeanie said...

That's a great shot with the hawk and airplane but I really loved that twisty-turny tree. That was fascinating!

Ariadne said...

I am always so impressed with your photos!AriadnefromGreece!

Sam I Am...... said...

That long tailed skipper is beautiful and something I have never seen before! Cool picture of the hawk AND the plane together.

Red Rose Alley said...

What a beautiful tree. It looks so old and twisted. And a pleasant surprise of Christmas red in the tree for you to gaze at right before Christmas. : )

~Sheri