Monday, December 3, 2018

My Hiking Series! Let’s get Started!

I’ve been hiking so much more now that the weather is perfect here in Florida! So I thought I would do a hiking series to share some of my ‘best’ pics from each hike.

But then I thought I would show you what I take on each of my hikes.

dianeIMG_1007

Do these skinny trees make me look fat? heeheehee!

IMG_0144

I like to take this sweet guy! And he likes to take a mono pod for his camera. (he also carries a man bag with about a hundred items inside that I won’t try to show you here…kind of a boy scout, be prepared for anything and everything kind of bag)

IMG_0145

I’ll just show you what I carry.

Hiking

Let’s take a little inventory.

DSCN5733

A bottle of water, a whistle around my neck, pepper spray tied on my belt loop and my camera with a wide strap.

DSCN5734

I wear a cap, and in my pockets I carry my phone, keys, a tissue and cough drop. In the bag I carry the water and an extra tissue.

Sometimes I use a walking stick too but you’ll just have to use your imagination for that.

I hike for fun. I don’t walk a certain distance or even for a specified amount of time. I stop and take pics and that can determine how far I walk before I turn around. My hikes are usually between 1 hour and 2 hours long.

DSCN5736

My insulated snack bag is in the car, snacks AND extra water. Sometimes I carry my little bag of nuts with me.

DSCN5737

I have an extra sweatshirt in my car. I also keep this in the car but only use it when the weather is hot and bugs are out. (don’t really need it in the winter months)

DSCN5740

We LOVE maps so let’s look at these before we leave!

DSCN5594

So many great places close by!

DSCN5595

Where will we go today?

Resize230IMG_4353 - Copy (2)

Thanks to Laurie from In My Dream I see for the idea for my button!

Grab your cap and a good pair of sunglasses and let’s GO!!!

And for all my mosaic buddies, come back tomorrow for the first ‘real’ hike in my new series!

I’m joining Angie for Mosaic Monday HERE.

31 comments:

Sandy said...

I am be prepared kind of girl. I usually have a bag that I like to think of as my Nancy Drew bag, but it looks like you are prepared too.

Anonymous said...

I love to see what people pack in their bags,, your bag tells us you are well prepared but not a hoarder lol,, thanks for this! Great photos!!!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

The shadow shots are fun and I love your new button. I walk for fun too, even though it is good exercise too. I am glad the bugs are gone. Florida has some great parks and trails for hiking. It is a good idea to have the water and a snack. The whistle is great for your safety too. I should carry more items with me, usually it is my phone and tissues and my camera. Great post, i will enjoy going on these walk with you. Happy Monday, enjoy your day and have a great new week! PS, thanks so much for the nice comment.

EricaSta said...

It’s MosaicMonday and a pleasure again...

...have a happy Monday! I enjoyed your Post.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I love all your hikes and the photos you share. Keep walking my friend!

MadSnapper said...

MY motto is always be prepared and it looks like that is yours also... I wish hubby liked to take pics or even follow me while I do. he doesn't. I had a hike/photographer buddy but now I don't. and I don't go by myself.

Debbie said...

you are well prepared like a "girl scout"!! i wish i could walk, the best i can do without having weakness is about 500 feet. i am happy that i can ride my bike a bit further and i enjoy that!!

Gillena Cox said...

You made me laugh with that shadow photo. Happy Mosaic Monday. Thanks for dropping by my blog

much love...

Kate said...

You have some great places to go hiking!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I loved this post .... so fun. And some great ideas (the wide camera strap for one)....and I really like the way you hike....for fun ! Setting a step # goal can suck the joy out of life (in my not so humble opinion anyway). Thank you for sharing your joy!

Cloudia said...

you are a professional worthy of emulation!

Ann Thompson said...

What a fun subject for a series. Younarevwell prepared when you hike

Tom said...

...you sure are prepared!

Inger said...

I never wonder about how far you walk, I just enjoy the things you see on your walks. I'm looking forward to your new series.

carol l mckenna said...

Lovely photo hike with you ~ fun and neat photos ~ ^_^

Happy Day to you,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Red Rose Alley said...

Wow, you are well equipped for your hikes, Diane. That's really smart of you to be prepared. And your snacks look Yummy. I only carry my camera, but usually have goodies in the car. : )

Wishing you joyful December days on your walks. You always come across something so interesting.

love, ~Sheri

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh my gosh, speaking of interesting, I just saw your last post. Yikes, the alligator and her babies! I have to say though, they really are cute. Their eyes look like dinosaurs. 19 of them, oh my! I just love to come along with you on your hikes. I always learn a thing or two. : )

~Sheri

acorn hollow said...

you are prepared for sure. Nice you can hike now. It would be snowshoeing for us now.
Cathy

happyone said...

You are prepared. The only thing I take is my phone, pepper spray, a tissue. and my pedometer.

Jeanie said...

I think shadows always make one look fat. Well, mine does! Thanks for sharing your kit!

Terri D said...

I am glad to see that you are always prepared!! I love your hikes and all you share with us!! Armchair hiking... at least until my knees are fixed one of these days!

Vee said...

It is wonderful that you both enjoy the great outdoors. How fun that Florida is now having perfect weather. I enjoyed a peek inside that bag of yours, but I am most taken with that pretty camera strap.

Angie said...

Diane - when we go hiking, we always take large backpacks, and we sometimes get funny looks from people - but when you're in the mountains, you do need to be prepared for sudden changes in the weather. It is better to be prepared … and the extra weight makes for a better workout!

I am a little sad you need to carry pepper spray …

Thanks for joining Mosaic Monday, and I look forward to the future installments!

Kathy said...

Looks as if you are prepared for anything! I love hiking and I love coming with you on hikes I would never get to do. Your pictures are great.

Small City Scenes said...

Bob and I like to hike also. We go on short and/or long hikes. Sometimes only walks. We have hiked up to the 5000ft of 10,000ft Mt Baker and hiked the quarter mile to the back of our property---and that is a quarter mile back. LOL But we like to take our time and take lots of pictures.
MB

Sam I Am...... said...

Good list and pictures of what to take on a hike!

Uppal said...

An interesting peek in your bag, which you take along on your hikes. The motivating prose "let's take our hearts...." is a winner!

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...



clearly you were a good girl scout

Lowcarb team member said...

Such a lovely post :)
Thank you.

All the best Jan

Su-sieee! Mac said...

You're a well-prepared hiker! The Husband carries so much stuff in his pockets, including the everything-on-it Swiss knife, that he now wears suspenders, which he loves.

Lorrie said...

You are well-prepared for almost any eventuality on your hikes. We stop a lot for photos, too - especially if the trail goes up hill for a long ways. Then I often need to take a "picture break."